2015 Ford Fusion, 2.0L ecoboost, 3.5K OCI, motorcraft syn-blend 5w-30

This is the 2015 fusion we purchased in June and is my daily driver of about 60 miles a day city/hwy/interstate mix and some "spirited" driving. Did a shorter OCI just to get a sense of how things are going. This was dealer fill 5w-30 motorcraft syn-blend with a FL-910s filter. Looks pretty good to me.

3,506 miles on OCI
74,466 miles at time of OCI

Refilled with RTG 5w-30 and PL10241 oil filter. Based on other UOA on this engine car, I plan to run a 6K oci and re-sample

2015 fusion uoa.JPG

Last edited:
This is the 2015 fusion we purchased in June and is my daily driver of about 60 miles a day city/hwy/interstate mix and some "spirited" driving. Did a shorter OCI just to get a sense of how things are going. This was dealer fill 5w-30 motorcraft syn-blend with a FL-910s filter. Looks pretty good to me.

3,506 miles on OCI
74,466 miles at time of OCI

Refilled with RTG 5w-30 and PL10241 oil filter. Based on other UOA on this engine car, I plan to run a 6K oci and re-sample

View attachment 79605
Looks good to go for 5-6k.

Low miles for a 15, Fusions are good cars. TBN seems kinda low for such a short OCI.
I really like this car so far. Plenty of power, comfy ride, and can get 29-31mpg on trips depending on the fuel. The miles will added up quick now. ~15k a year. Would be great if I can get to 2 OCI a year vs 3

Looks OK. Not great, but decent.
The only thing that seems a bit odd to me is the Fe and Si. Perhaps a bit of an intake leak somewhere? The Fe isn't atrocious by any means, but it could be lower for only 3k miles. And the Si seems a tad high as well; that might be the root of the Fe, perhaps?

Also I agree with the TBN; seems low for only 3.5k miles. It's not "low" in terms of being a problem, but it seems "low" from such a precipitous drop so quickly given the short mileage.

By no means is that a bad UOA, just perhaps something for you to go investigate.

Further UOAs will help confirm the "normal" for this engine.

I really like this car so far. Plenty of power, comfy ride, and can get 29-31mpg on trips depending on the fuel. The miles will added up quick now. ~15k a year. Would be great if I can get to 2 OCI a year vs 3
If it’s mostly easy cruising, I don’t see why you couldn’t stretch it out to 7,500 mile OCI with a strong synthetic and a high end oil filter to match.

Looks OK. Not great, but decent.
The only thing that seems a bit odd to me is the Fe and Si. Perhaps a bit of an intake leak somewhere? The Fe isn't atrocious by any means, but it could be lower for only 3k miles. And the Si seems a tad high as well; that might be the root of the Fe, perhaps?

Also I agree with the TBN; seems low for only 3.5k miles. It's not "low" in terms of being a problem, but it seems "low" from such a precipitous drop so quickly given the short mileage.

By no means is that a bad UOA, just perhaps something for you to go investigate.

Further UOAs will help confirm the "normal" for this engine.

I did replace the air filter at the OCI. The filter was very dirty and appeared to be the original filter.

Back