2015 F150 Orange to Lime Green Coolant

After learning Motorcraft Orange is blames for issues with internal water pump failure I started the move toward Motorcraft lime green. Did my first drain/fill last year. I couldn't find any bleeder valves and couldn't reference any online so I took it there was none. Kinda too long time so I took a chance and bought this...

Used it today to do another drain/fill. It gets 7 quarts or so of the 16 in the engine. What a dream it was to use this funnel! Self burped before the thermostat opened and after opening it worked as stated. There is a cheaper model, but I had to buy the one with the Ford adapter. Soon it'll be on the 17 Subaru in my sig. Makes it pretty easy!!!!!

I got one (not sure it if is the same model, but it is a lisle) a year or so ago, and I agree it made coolant drain & fills so much easier.

What does this do for you? Just looks like holder for a funnel?

My mechanic has an older version...fill funnel and self burps. Some vehicles disperse air pockets easily, some have air purge valves, and some are a PITA. My F150 was a pain and does not have a purge valve. The funnel locks into the overflow on mine (there is no radiator fill cap) and does the work for you. Made it a very easy process.

What year vehicles are seeing water pump failure ?

Google is your friend. Not sure of the years but I know my 15 with internal water pump is one of em. From what I've read 2k + repair as well. My understanding is difficult to even find Motorcraft orange anymore because of the issues. Easy change over to lime green so I wasn't sweating it. "ill do another drain/fill next year as well. Cheap and easy.

Isn't the "lime green" actually MC Specialty Yellow, AKA Prestone AMAM w/Corguard? The Specialty Yellow & MC Specialty Orange will mix together, the company Transit in my sig has had so much Dexcool added to it that it has actually turned Dexcool colored in the degas tank.

it has nothing to do with pump failure it’s for the flux brazed heater core….

From what I read there were pump failures. If not, can you please let us know more.

Isn't the "lime green" actually MC Specialty Yellow, AKA Prestone AMAM w/Corguard? The Specialty Yellow & MC Specialty Orange will mix together, the company Transit in my sig has had so much Dexcool added to it that it has actually turned Dexcool colored in the degas tank.

It is called MC Yellow concentrate. VC-13-G is the code. But it's lime green in color. According to Ford it is backward compatible.

Back