2015 Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sciphi
I'd look hard at one of these to replace our Fit for family duty. Put a cap onto a 6' bed version, and it could do a darned good wagon impression.

+1
4wd, with a decent tow rating, and 30mpg highway would be perfect! I am interested to see how the gas 4 cyl does for mileage. It should be decent.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
All you guys saying you'll take the Tacoma....that's a little foolish and biased when you haven't even seen or driven the new Colorado yet. Just face the facts..GM has finally got its act together and even Consumer Reports is taking notice.

Proven performace year after year that is why everyone would pick the Tacoma.

Originally Posted By: dave123
All you guys saying you'll take the Tacoma....that's a little foolish and biased when you haven't even seen or driven the new Colorado yet. Just face the facts..GM has finally got its act together and even Consumer Reports is taking notice.

Proven performace year after year that is why everyone would pick the Tacoma.

There is the matter of resale...Toyota trucks hold their value...you pay less in depreciation.

Chevy builds a good truck, my brother's '99 Silverado has over 250K on it...but unless you take it from new to the junkyard, resale/depreciation is a consideration.

I like the look of the Colorado, and I would buy a GM truck. I just rented (seriously, from Hertz, in BTV) a Tacoma...nice truck, but the leaf springs in the back give a jiggly ride/feel over rough pavement (which is every road in Vermont). Still feels like an old-school truck...nothing like some of the new full-size trucks that have a really great ride/handling combination.

Wabbout reviving the Atlas I-6 with a manual trans ? My brother in VT also has a 99 Silverado he bought new. He hardly drove it until he retired a couple yrs ago. It has held up well and as a rear passenger, it is a 3 door, is fine. I am a stiff old guy 6' 230 lbs. He is an ex- heavy equipment mechanic. So he keeps it nice. I had leaf sprung Grand Wagoneers with leaf springs. They handled fine for me. All these trick suspensions dont impress me one bit. I am willing to pay the weight penalty in decreased MPG for a much stronger and simpler 4wd steering and suspension. Simpler = less $ in parts and labor. A well tuned Grand Wag got 15 mpg. A modern engine and trans would help that. But leave the D44 axles alone.

The new Rangers are nice I have seen them overseas. The only problem is that the beds are to small.

The problem with 1/4 ton trucks is that the beds are to narrow, carrying full size sheets of plywood and drywall becomes a challenge.

Now if GM just took that diesel and stuck it in a base WT level trim 1500...I don't know why manufactures insist on only sticking diesels in $60k trucks.

I want a base 1500 Silverado, reg cab, 8ft bed, 2wd with the only options that nice 4 cylinder diesel, power windows, and a locking rear end. That's it $22k OTD please GM!

Last edited:
Nice looking truck, and kudos to GM for re-entering the small truck market. Some of us don't need or want a FS PU. I didn't hear good things about the prior gen. Colorado, hopefully this one is better. May force the competition to update their small trucks.

All you guys saying you'll take the Tacoma....that's a little foolish and biased when you haven't even seen or driven the new Colorado yet.

Agreed. The worst vehicle I have EVER had bar none was a 2005 Tacoma.

That truck looks too much like a Tacoma to me. Gave me flash back sweats and nightmares to the 7 horrible months I had that turd on wheels.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to see how this model works out. When the 2016 model year specifications are out for the diesel and the 2015 reliability is determined I will make the call on changing out the F-150. I have always wanted a true compact truck that has good fuel economy. When I lived overseas, I had a few Hilux pickups that would yield 30+mpg while working.

This may be a moot point if I discover that renovating my garage to fit the F-150 is cost effective. Who says a garage doesn't need a bay window? It would make a great man cave talking point.

After all these years, we, as a society KNOW how to produce a light, tough, efficient truck. Yet, we don't do it. We continue to do the same things over and over again.

I'm not seeing the reasons why this new version of a mid sized truck is any better than past offerings. I expect it will be as heavy as my 1998 F150, as efficient as my 2011 Ecoboost F150, have a non flat floor behind the drivers seat and insufficient room for adults. And, it will be one of either extreme: A) Far less capable than past offerings or B) Rated for 10,000 pounds towing capacity.

Cause I would say 90% of the trucks they sell are big cabs, small beds, 4wd, V8's and lots of options for $40k-$70k. That's what people want for some reason. Luxury SUV's with a bed.

Finding a regular cab with an 8ft bed is a challenge around here. But if I wanted a Rapter or some silly Platinum edition with stickers on it for $60k the choices on the lots is just about endless.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Cause I would say 90% of the trucks they sell are big cabs, small beds, 4wd, V8's and lots of options for $40k-$70k. That's what people want for some reason. Luxury SUV's with a bed.

Finding a regular cab with an 8ft bed is a challenge around here. But if I wanted a Rapter or some silly Platinum edition with stickers on it for $60k the choices on the lots is just about endless.

Exactly right. I was at a Chevy dealership shortly after the new Silverado started showing up a couple months ago and all the had was crew cabs and most were 4WD and heavily optioned. There wasn't a standard cab truck on the whole lot.

It's difficult to fit a spouse + 2.5 kids in a standard cab.
smile.gif

The new Colorado looks nice. I'm somewhat surprised they kept the name. The original was never raved about. I did like the option of having a 5.3L in one. Hopefully others will follow suit, and bring small/mid-size trucks back.

i have a 2004 colorado with the 3.5 motor ..i still question my SANITY for purchasing that piece of junk ..GM have built trucks for a long time but they still haven't figured out they're electronics .i don't trust GM products anymore ..my next truck will be a Tacoma ..on my colorado you have to completely disassemble the front hubs to remove rotors.[6 hrs job]

i worked 30 yrs. for GENERAL MOTORS and have bought they,re products for many years .never again ..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: morepwr
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

Exactly right. I was at a Chevy dealership shortly after the new Silverado started showing up a couple months ago and all the had was crew cabs and most were 4WD and heavily optioned. There wasn't a standard cab truck on the whole lot.

They delayed introduction of the reg cab by a couple months. Still, you won't see many, but initially the 2014s were only available in extended and crew cab.

I'll hold out judgement on the new Colorado until I see one, but I am glad to see GM at least offering something in this class.

If they can actually make this a MID-size truck instead of a 7/8 scale full size that would be nice. I can't believe how small my full size '00 Silverado looks next to a full size 2008 and up truck. The profile takes alot of cues from the Tacoma, but otherwise it looks good. The interior looks clean and simple. Are the gas engines offered just basically out of the Malibu and Impala? If these trucks can be priced accordingly to their size, I'm sure GM will have a hit on their hands. Personally, I would stick with the Tacoma for a proven mid-sizer.

The most used phrase of GM and their representatives. "I'm sorry..."
GM says directly with employee’s words and indirectly by way of actions or lack of actions:
I’m sorry(GM) that you are having so many issues with your Colorado.
I’m sorry(GM) that your warranty is expired so we (GM) can’t (won’t) help you with your faulty parts failures. We will take your money to blindly replace any and all parts that we can convince you that you ‘need’ to restore your prematurely unreliable GM product to service again.
I’m sorry(GM) that you have no choice to buy another vehicle as a replacement for your unreliable GM product, since the economy is flat and Middle America has no financial resources to dump us. You’re stuck with GM (no other mechanic knows how to fix this junk) and you need to get to work (if you even have a job).
I’m sorry that we (GM) don't back up the products and the parts that we manufacture.
I'm sorry that we (GM) can't and won't support you or any of our other loyal owners of Colorado.
I'm sorry (GM) that your appeal for GM integrity to make good on the many GM manufactured and engineering flaws have fallen on deaf, greedy and self serving ears. I'm sorry to say that although we have told you that these parts and systems are 'wear and tear' (they are really flawed parts) items we will still try to appease you by taking your information and setting up a 'case' to string you along, simply to wear you and your persistence down so you will give up. After all. we don't lose money (we save money), we don't jeopardize our life (it's your life[nobody has died yet, so it’s not important] and vehicle not ours)and we don't lose our time or piece of mind with the mechanical/ electrical FAILURES and down time.
I’m sorry we (GM) just took your money when we sold you the vehicle, but had no intention of backing the product.
I’m sorry (GM) that the American tax payers gave us billions for the ‘Bailout’, but we will go out of business eventually and lay off thousands of our employees while never paying back the debt. (another promise broken by GM)
I'm sorry as an American citizen, that America does not mean 'Quality' anymore.
I'm sorry as an American citizen, that American corporations have sold out the USA to China. (Our national debt went through loans to China and other countries; As of January 2011, foreigners owned $4.45 trillion of U.S. debt)
I’m sorry(GM) that we are only following the USA big corporations philosophy: One nation under greed.
Now, I'm sorry, but we need to tell the world and all of America what is happening to us and GM (and many other corporation) to stop the bleeding before we all suffer a greater loss and become a Chinese territory.

Yeah, ok, I like it. Will certainly seriously look at one when they start showing up at the dealer's lot. Kudos to the General for serving this particular market. Still disappointed with Ford for killing the Ranger.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: browning300wsm
The most used phrase of GM and their representatives. "I'm sorry..."
GM says directly with employee’s words and indirectly by way of actions or lack of actions:
I’m sorry(GM) that you are having so many issues with your Colorado.
I’m sorry(GM) that your warranty is expired so we (GM) can’t (won’t) help you with your faulty parts failures. We will take your money to blindly replace any and all parts that we can convince you that you ‘need’ to restore your prematurely unreliable GM product to service again.
I’m sorry(GM) that you have no choice to buy another vehicle as a replacement for your unreliable GM product, since the economy is flat and Middle America has no financial resources to dump us. You’re stuck with GM (no other mechanic knows how to fix this junk) and you need to get to work (if you even have a job).
I’m sorry that we (GM) don't back up the products and the parts that we manufacture.
I'm sorry that we (GM) can't and won't support you or any of our other loyal owners of Colorado.
I'm sorry (GM) that your appeal for GM integrity to make good on the many GM manufactured and engineering flaws have fallen on deaf, greedy and self serving ears. I'm sorry to say that although we have told you that these parts and systems are 'wear and tear' (they are really flawed parts) items we will still try to appease you by taking your information and setting up a 'case' to string you along, simply to wear you and your persistence down so you will give up. After all. we don't lose money (we save money), we don't jeopardize our life (it's your life[nobody has died yet, so it’s not important] and vehicle not ours)and we don't lose our time or piece of mind with the mechanical/ electrical FAILURES and down time.
I’m sorry we (GM) just took your money when we sold you the vehicle, but had no intention of backing the product.
I’m sorry (GM) that the American tax payers gave us billions for the ‘Bailout’, but we will go out of business eventually and lay off thousands of our employees while never paying back the debt. (another promise broken by GM)
I'm sorry as an American citizen, that America does not mean 'Quality' anymore.
I'm sorry as an American citizen, that American corporations have sold out the USA to China. (Our national debt went through loans to China and other countries; As of January 2011, foreigners owned $4.45 trillion of U.S. debt)
I’m sorry(GM) that we are only following the USA big corporations philosophy: One nation under greed.
Now, I'm sorry, but we need to tell the world and all of America what is happening to us and GM (and many other corporation) to stop the bleeding before we all suffer a greater loss and become a Chinese territory.

We're sorry that you bought an Isuzu truck clone, and not a GM truck.

Better luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back