2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat spec oil info released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
I figured 6lb for a US gallon (maybe thats my error). Now i have to sit down and do it again because it came out right within margin at 550cc.
882 HP would be 100% static flow correct? -20% to get to 80% duty cycle brings it 705 HP which would be closer

I was figuring 6.2 lbs/gallon. The 882 HP is based on our best guess at a BSFC and calculating fuel flow by taking Chrysler literally on their claim of emptying the tank in 13 minutes. 529 lb/hr would be actual fuel flow into the engine based on that claim. If that fuel flow number doesn't agree with the fuel flow you get by calculating on injector flow, I would think your number is more likely correct.

I understand what your saying now. Yes it would seem they are a bit optimistic or they may be leaving a little headroom for some tuning.
I used standard 43 psi for calculating, push it up to 50 psi and it gets crazy. Great marketing though for this kind of buyer, not so good for a Fiat 500 customer.

Bit more info.

"As is the theme nowadays, the 2015 Challenger SRT features a number of driving modes, governing power output, shift speeds for the 8AT, steering effort, traction control settings and suspension settings. There are three pre-programmed options – Default, Sport and Track – and a Custom mode that allows drivers to mix and match to their heart's content.

Like the Ford Mustang Boss 302, the SRT Hellcat will arrive with two keys, one red and one black. The red key is the one we want, as it unlocks the car's full potential, while the black key is more or less a valet key, limiting output of that supercharged beast under the hood.

Production will kick off at Chrysler's Brampton, Ontario factory in the third quarter of 2014.

Both the SRT Hellcat and the lesser SRT model will ride on unique 20-inch alloys. An eight-spoke design, wrapped in either Goodyear Eagle RSA2 all-seasons or Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires, will be offered on the naturally aspirated model. The Hellcat and Track Pack-equipped SRT will get wider 20s and Y-plus-rated Pirelli PZero Nero tires. Corralling the SRT Hellcat's 600 ponies will be the task of a set of 15.4-inch, two-piece Brembo brakes with six-piston calipers."

A_Harman, and Trav...thanks for the conversation.
cheers3.gif

(lucky it's not burning coal, because then you have to take into account the mineral matter that's left after combustion)

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

Not sure what you are trying to say here? that the Challenger is heavy/bloated? We know that.

No, he's saying its a stiffer and more solidly built chassis with a more advanced suspension system. Its size and weight is what won me over compared to the Mustang, which (great though it is) feels like it belongs a model range down-scale compared to the Challenger. I still love the convertible Mustang, though...

[/quote]

What does it matter when the Mustang out handles the Challenger? What is the point of an "advanced" system if one based from the 70's still beats it?

The Mustang out handles, accelerates, and out brakes the Challenger.

Originally Posted By: Mach1Owner

There's one important thing I've learned over the years, and I've been a Ford guy for quite a while. The real issue is that the Vette, the Camaro, the Challenger, and the Mustang (and even the G37, for that matter) have way more power than the average person is ever going to be able to use. In a lot of ways (and more ways than we care to admit), those middle three, the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang are more interchangeable than they are different.

Originally Posted By: Mach1Owner

What does it matter when the Mustang out handles the Challenger? What is the point of an "advanced" system if one based from the 70's still beats it?

I have heard this all before. But if all that matters is numbers, then pick by the numbers.

My full size LUXURY SEDAN routinely passes much better "numbers cars" at the road race course. It's a balance thing, as the LX/LC chassis is far more stable in transitions than any Stang. And my car easily out brakes a Mustang from 60 or 80 mph.

yes a GT500 easily outruns me in a straight line...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back