2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Eneos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol exactly I'm a noob when it comes to oil that's why I'm asking for what is the best, I know some oils work better for certain applications but if anyone has real world experience tearing down engines with proof of Eneos sustina vs redline or vs Mobil 1 is what I'm asking, not asking for useless replies like the "good luck with that" or people trying to tell me Mobil 1 is the synthetic to use, I am looking for the best that I can afford, the $13 a quart is pricey which is why I am considering it + doing the 7500 oci factory specific normal use if I use a expensive but better engine oil

The guy with the ls1 fbody has been the most helpful person on my thread so far, I didn't know about the Eneos sustina and it seems like a performance oil that also has fuel economy in mind.

Last edited:
The best oil for this car is decent oil. That's it. It'll run JUST as long on Mobil 1 as it will with Unicorn Tear oil.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this- That car will most likely not be running in 200k-250k miles anyways, so your oil decisions today will not matter.

I sympathize with your plight. Determining IF an oil is superior is rough. I have to agree with most of the posters on here. Just buy a name brand synthetic 0w-20, maybe go the extra mile and get the Extended Performance flavors to be more sure, which narrows it down to Mobil1 EP 0w-20 (which I hear has a lot of PAO, good) or Castrol Edge EP 0w-20.
Go with Fram Ultra oil filters though, they filter better than anything I've ever compared them to.

Originally Posted By: alex16
I found sustina for 82.00 6 quarts shipped, that sound about right? My naps said they can get sustina 0w20 and there's a Napa that has it about 24 miles away $12.99+6%

WHERE exactly is this NAPA (Bloomsburg/State College/Harrisburg??), as ALL of them in the Doylestown/Warminster area look at you funny when you ask for the Sustina product, EVEN IF they have the regular Eneos 0W-20 sitting right on the shelf, and tell me it is IMPOSSIBLE to order in at all!?!

Last time I bought a six quart case it was ~$77.00 shipped from amazon, but they seem to NOT carry the 0W-20 Sustina anymore, as it is not even listed in their catalog.
frown.gif

I didn't know about the Eneos sustina and it seems like a performance oil that also has fuel economy in mind.

It is also a very high starting TBN (Total Base Number), long life/long drain interval oil, but then, so is the Mobil 1 0W-20 EP for about half the cost, and most on here would tell you that, and they'd be correct.

I seek it out for OTHER reasons, which are even MORE lambasted by, and draw even MORE wrath from the vast majority on here.
27.gif
LOL

OP, go with your heart and use the E. Sustina. You will always wonder, "what if..." if you don't.
wink.gif

If it really makes that much of a difference to you then go with the oil that makes you happy. I think that most on here will tell you it may not perform better in the Mirage than a readily available off-the-shelf name brand...and the Eneos may actually not be an ideal oil for it. I would seek out a user group or enthusiast site that might tell you what others are using and/or what seems to work well. Doesn't mean you have to use it, but you might get some reasoning as to why they're using x brand 0w-20 vs. others.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I plan to switch to eneos 0w20 soon from my local Napa,

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Your Mirage couldn't care less.

BINGO !

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this- That car will most likely not be running in 200k-250k miles anyways, so your oil decisions today will not matter.

Ding ding ding! We have a winnah!

Thank you, I'll be ordering the sustina soon offline, I hope when I get past 200k and do my timing chain guide I can compare the side of my engine and upper cylinder head to other mirages with regular synthetic, might not be any difference but then again using sustina and a m1 filter is still cheaper than what 60% of the mirage community will be paying for a oil chAnge.

The best oil for this car is decent oil. That's it. It'll run JUST as long on Mobil 1 as it will with Unicorn Tear oil.

Any specifics Nick ? Do you have some expertise regarding the late model Mirage/3A92 engine ? This could be helpful to Alex and other Mirage drivers.

Originally Posted By: xvturl

Any specifics Nick ? Do you have some expertise regarding the late model Mirage/3A92 engine ? This could be helpful to Alex and other Mirage drivers.
I don't, but I've never heard of any Mitsubishi lasting very long, and as a $9,999 car, the odds of lasting long aren't in its favor.

Lol thanks for telling me my car isn't going to last long, I'll make sure to remind the 300k metros there cars are not built to last. I'll also remind my friend with a 250k galant that his car won't last long because it's a Mitsubishi.

Lol thanks for telling me my car isn't going to last long, I'll make sure to remind the 300k metros there cars are not built to last. I'll also remind my friend with a 250k galant that his car won't last long because it's a Mitsubishi.
I didn't say none of them will make it far, just the odds aren't in it's favor. I said "I" have never heard of a Mitsubishi lasting long.

Sure there are the oddball unicorns out there.

Heck, I bet someone's got a Yugo or a Pinto with 300k, doesn't mean it's likely they'll all do it.

ANY car will run for millions of miles if you throw enough money and parts at it.

In life we have odds of things happening, like what are the chances this country's debt will be reduced to $0 and we're doing financially good again within the next year? Probably not gonna happen...

I think the odds are good that the mirages that don't get crashed will hold up well and make high miles. Mitsubishi did a lot of things different with the 3a92 to ensure durability. Worst case scenario I bought expensive oil for a car I had faith in, I love my mirage, I want to buy a second mirage.

You're being way too anal about this.
Just grab any namebrand syn in the correct wt and be done with it.
This engine is nothing special and will love anything you put in it.
By the way,go at least 10k on syn.
Enjoy your new car.

I don't want off the shelf oil, I stated I want the best for my application. Going with Eneos sustina, thanks for your recommendation.

I don't want off the shelf oil, I stated I want the best for my application.

You could buy some Motorex for $30/liter. I mean, it's gotta be the best because it costs the most, right?

I don't want off the shelf oil, I stated I want the best for my application. Going with Eneos sustina, thanks for your recommendation.

Who says it is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back