2014 Jeep Wrangler (3.6L Pentastar) Oil Rec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP:

Nice Jeep, but that thing was made for off-roading, not city commuting. Quit babying it.

I would run PP or PU in that truck and get it dirty.

Of course I run this thing off road! I wish could more often, but it's just not a major part of my driving.

It's your jeep but most of the penta stars in the base ram tradesmen trucks probably get the cheapest there is.

From what I gather on jeep and ram forums the penta star is very easy on oil so you really can't go wrong with any of the major brands.

I think the filter is more important probably.

Nice Jeep. I bought a Wrangler Unlimited Sport about 3 months ago.

The oil life indicator will take you to a 6-8K range. Some are comfortable on conventional for those intervals, some prefer synthetic. Make sure it's a MS-6395 rated 5W-20. I don't personally think you'll notice a difference in Iowa regardless of what you choose.

Originally Posted By: stchman
Nice Jeep, but that thing was made for off-roading, not city commuting. Quit babying it.

It's made to go off-roading just in case you might need to someday.
grin2.gif

I put various sizes and shapes of 5w-20 and 5w-30 in my 2014 Wrangler with the Pentastar and it didn't care in the least. Cold or hot. UOAs were fine with all of them, motor might have been a hair quieter with 5w-30 but that is purely a subjective thing, in either case it wasn't so much a difference than I would swear on a stack of bibles I really could tell.

Nice looking Jeep there...

I have a '14 Grand Cherokee with the same amount of miles and similar OC history (funny). I bought a bunch of the old PU (black jug) 5w20 last year when Wally world was clearing off the shelves for the new stuff and Pennzoil was doing the fuel points. It's all I've used and am happy with it so far, don't see any reason to change...

I will adhere to 7500 OCI's as well

PU with Mopar filter is what I'm going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back