2014 Honda Pilot, no denso filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone guess why the 150-1009 filter would not be listed for a 2014 Pilot? This is the standard filter for most hondas. Cross referencing, most other manufacturers use the same part for most hondas including this Pilot. Bosch has a 3323 listed. Its the same filter for my old civic, my 2007 Fit, and the 2014 Pilot.

Denso however, has the 2011 Pilot as the last year for that particular filter.

Im pretty sure the 2011 has the same size engine as the 2014. Ive heard that there were some small changes but i didn't think anything that would change the filter requirements.

The denso and bosch look to be identical in size. so capacity should be the same i think.

I guess the bypass could be it. Something about the bypass pressure threshold??

I've noticed strange things with Denso's application guide as well. They recommend the 150-1009 for my girlfriend's 2001 Civic, and also the 2007 Honda Fit, but not my mom's 2013 Fit, which all take the same size filter otherwise (Purolator 14610, Fram 7317, Honda A01/A02, etc.). It makes no sense to me.

I dont know why Denso would not recommend that filter for the new Pilot, but I'm sure they have a reason. I wouldn't chance it. M1, Honda OEM, and Fram make great filters and the latter being at a good price point. Maybe cease to use the Denso and choose a different filter.

Originally Posted By: lockguy
Could anyone guess why the 150-1009 filter would not be listed for a 2014 Pilot? ....

Only possible reason I can think of, Denso hasn't updated their website database for the newer/newest applications. Some do a poor job of consistently updating their application information, especially across all makes and models.

I can think of no technical/spec reason why the 150-1009 wouldn't be the correct application and work fine for the Pilot.

If still interested perhaps a call and/or email to Denso would clear up the confusion. Then again, some of folks working the CS area only go to the book for information. Might take someone at a higher level.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: lockguy
Could anyone guess why the 150-1009 filter would not be listed for a 2014 Pilot? ....

Only possible reason I can think of, Denso hasn't updated their website database for the newer/newest applications. Some do a poor job of consistently updating their application information, especially across all makes and models.

I can think of no technical/spec reason why the 150-1009 wouldn't be the correct application and work fine for the Pilot.

If still interested perhaps a call and/or email to Denso would clear up the confusion. Then again, some of folks working the CS area only go to the book for information. Might take someone at a higher level.

Doesn't make sense for sure. I have one on the shelf and wanted to use it on the wifes pilot, but im not going to risk it if its not listed. We have a lifetime powertrain warranty on it. if something were to mess up, they would point to that im sure.

i also have 6 bosch 3233 filters and a couple of wix filters. I guess i will use the wix on the pilot. My other honda gets lots of miles and will get the bosch and denso.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I've noticed strange things with Denso's application guide as well. They recommend the 150-1009 for my girlfriend's 2001 Civic, and also the 2007 Honda Fit, but not my mom's 2013 Fit, which all take the same size filter otherwise (Purolator 14610, Fram 7317, Honda A01/A02, etc.). It makes no sense to me.

I use the 7317 Fram Ultra or TG or the A01

strange in the book it says my car is suppose to use the 3593A
however the Honda OEM A02 is basically a 7317 TG.....

Explain THIS to me: Denso, which is part owned by Toyota, doesn't have a listing for the oil filter for either my sister's '08 RAV4 or my B-I-L's '09 Corolla, but they DO list my 2000 Grand Marquis.

Looking closer at the Denso site, it appears that the Denso aftermarket oil filters First Time Fit has no cartridge filter applications. Looks like that is reserved for Toyota oem Denso.

As mentioned if one is really interested in the Denso FTF spin on, one can use another filter makers cross reference site to find the Denso application if available and unlisted on the Denso aftermarket site.

That said, if one has a vehicle under warranty like the OP likely not worth the risk if it's not specifically listed.

http://www.densoproducts.com/category.aspx?zcid=980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back