2013 Honda Insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I drive about 100 miles a day to and from work. So that has me looking for a new daily. I came across this insight that's pretty nice looking, but I know nothing about them. So if I could get some info on what to look out for on these vehicles I would really appreciate it.

Link to the vehicle in question Honda Insight

I believe some years had piston ring problems. And the battery pack life is another concern. If you can live with a 2 seater, the first generation gives much better mileage if that's your goal.

You don't need a hybrid for the commute you are describing unless it is stop and go city traffic. If it is a typical mostly freeway or rural roads with little stopping and starting, you are better off with a conventional vehicle that gets good highway mileage and is reliable. The current gen non-hybrid Camry, for example, gets around 45 mpg highway @ 75mph. At current Texas prices, your commute will cost around $4.75/day.

Some hybrids are a lot more reliable too. Anything by Toyota is good. A Ford Fusion is another option (but only used). We averaged around 50 mpg when we rented one. You won't be using the battery much, so look for something with an Atkinson cycle engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back