2013 Honda Civic ATF flush and filter change

I am preparing to flush the ATF and change the inline filter on a 2013 Honda Civic. From what I have read, it looks like that I have to remove the air filter housing to access the ATF filter and the filter inlet line is on side of the filter closest to the crimp. I have done ATF flushes several times on other Honda vehicles using Honda DW-1 or Valovoline Maxlife ATF. Any tips on doing the job on this specific vehicle ( Gen 9 Civic) are appreciated.

Wow, I have never heard of any car before that came with an inline filter, let alone the fact that it on the fire wall..

It is mounted on top of the transmission sort of under the air filter housing. On the other Honda models that had the inline filter, I could access it from under the car.

Last edited:
Oh, yo have to remove the air filter box.. I was confused, too much sun already. Nice thing about an inline filter is its easier than dropping the pan. Is that a CVT transmission?

'13 was the last year for a gear transmission; '14 had the CVT I believe.
I service my grand niece's '13 LX. I would not mess with the transmission filter, nor would I do a flush.
Just do a spill and fill.

Back