2013 Honda Accord steering rack bad?

I've been noticing the car pulling to the left. Took the car to my job today (work at a ford dealership) and here's what they're hearing. Tech is saying the car might need a steering rack? They haven't done an alignment yet. Steering rack at 85k miles? You don't hear that when the car is sitting on the ground.

Link to video:

Off the cuff, I'm not sure a bad rack can cause a pull. If it were somehow pointing a wheel outward or inward, you'd still point forward just with increased or decreased toe, correct?

Alignment sheet. Doesn't seem way out of spec

16.jpg

I would drive it after the alignment. Sometimes there is a steering angle sensor that needs reset. Some electric power steering systems can correct a pull situation.

If it hasn't improved, I would try rotating the rear tires to the front. You could also have a tire with radial pull.

I would drive it after the alignment. Sometimes there is a steering angle sensor that needs reset. Some electric power steering systems can correct a pull situation.

If it hasn't improved, I would try rotating the rear tires to the front. You could also have a tire with radial pull.
The alignments fine now. I don't hear that clacking noise when the car is on the ground. I could have the tech. at my job look at it for $100. Not sure if I should have them look at it or just let it be since I don't hear that noise when the car is on the ground

The tech had the steering wheel lock on that's why it was making that noise. Cars okay. Master tech. found that out

Back