2013 Grand Cheeroke SRT8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came out of WalMart today for alittle grocery shopping and for the first time seen this beautiful Cranberry SRT8 4x4. If mine I would have had to parked that way way out in the parking lot all by its lonesome. Looked up here and its net price to start is $61,290.00 and there are two models above this one yet. Very very fancy and alluring to the eye!!

Originally Posted By: Donald
Who shops at Walmart with a $61K new vehicle.

I know multimillionaires that shop at Walmart. I do not understand the Walmart bashing that happens here if you like it good if you don't fine but there is nothing wrong with spending your money how and where you prefer IMO.

Maybe a nanny was borrowing the car ?? Lol

Maybe a Walmart executive that came to inspect the store.
smile.gif

LOL.

I just think for $61k, you could do a lot better...

Maybe not an SUV though.

Id rather have 1.5 diesel JGCs, but the SRT cars are all pretty neat. Just didnt expect to see a $61k price tag...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

LOL.

I just think for $61k, you could do a lot better...

Maybe not an SUV though.

Id rather have 1.5 diesel JGCs, but the SRT cars are all pretty neat. Just didnt expect to see a $61k price tag...

I have to agree with this. I would not want a SRT SUV but obviously someone does.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

I know multimillionaires that shop at Walmart. I do not understand the Walmart bashing that happens here if you like it good if you don't fine but there is nothing wrong with spending your money how and where you prefer IMO.

A BIG +1

Maybe buying oil like the rest of us, lol.

Is there a question about oil anywhere in your post? What's the point of your post in relation to this sub-forum???

Just as I thought. I hear crickets........

Originally Posted By: dave1251

I know an owner of a golfcourse that does their grocery shopping at Walmart. His vehicle of choice is a quad cab Tacoma and parks it in front of his 3.8 million dollar house

Maybe one type of person who gets this type of vehicle. They spend all their money on a very pricey lease payment and cannot afford much else.

The folks who I know who are multi-millionaires usually drive relatively average cars. They likely shop walmart too.

For the wealthy, it's often about proximity...and many of the wealthiest people I know are penny pinchers. I don't think I'd spend that much on a Jeep...and if that's the MSRP you're quoting, they could have gotten a nice deal by working for the company perhaps. I don't know if it's still like that, but if you worked for one of the big three, you had to drive one of their cars.

There's a guy on one of the Audio forums I frequent who is a doctor (his wife is, as well) and they own a decent house in a good area, but have the most basic cellphone plans (and phones), no cable/satellite, and do all of the work on their lawn and other stuff by themselves to save money. He owned a Ferrari.

I can get over the odd people who shop and work at Walmart. But Walmart treats their employees poorly with respect to overtime and health insurance, they have been involved in and overlooked bribes in Mexico and are somewhat to blame for fires in garment factories overseas.

I would prefer Cardors and similar stores, but Walmart's business practices have forced many stores out of business and we are left with a Walmart in many areas.

Mitt Romney(former Governor of Massachusetts and Presidential Candidate) net worth is about $200-250 mils, and he shops at Costco, not exactly like WM, he doesn't need to save few hundreds a month on groceries and other things, but he did.

How/where a person likes to spend his/her money is his/her choice.

While this thread is pretty cool, I have to agree with DinoOil that it's in the wrong section. This is happening way too often here. PCMO is turning into the general forum.

BTW, I drive a 40K vehicle and buy discount oil (and smart shop in general) whenever I can.

I wouldn't take a $61k new vehicle to Walmart because I would be afraid of what it would look like when I got back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back