2013 Ford Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts?

I have had my eye on the 2012 Ford Focus. The extra room offered by the new Ford Escape would be great. I wish Ford would just bring over the Ford Focus wagon, but if that is not to be then this is a great option.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/16/2013-ford-escape-la-2011/

2012-Ford-Escape-XLS-FWD-Front-View-Image.jpg

2013-Ford-Escape-front-three-quarters.jpg

Last edited:
So many BITOGers hate the new designs. I guess most people just hate newer european styling, because that's exactly what it is. Do all of you just want to go back to the days when a car was just a series of boxes and rectangles?

1977-79_Oldsmobile_98.jpg

Because I sure don't.

Last edited:
Looks like a Focus wagon with a lift kit.

Going to be interesting to see how bad it beats Mazda's new CX-5 in sales. Especially if Mazda does get the SkyActive-D in past the EPA.

I have no doubt that it will sell more. By how much remains to be seen. Be a nice little jab back at Ford if the CX-5 does well.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
So many BITOGers hate the new designs. I guess most people just hate newer european styling, because that's exactly what it is. Do all of you just want to go back to the days when a car was just a series of boxes and rectangles?

Because I sure don't.

YES PLEASE!!!

Boxes and rectangles are JUST fine for a car, thanks!!!

Because I sure don't.

LOL Nick when we get old we're going to hate the new designs as well.

I like the looks of it, but I'd never buy one. It has roughly the same cargo space as a Jetta Wagon, but much less access to the roof. I've really grown tired of the "big on the outside, small on the inside" design mantra of most cars sold in the US.

I've yet to see anything that has a better usable space/fuel economy ratio than my Ford Freestyle. If I could give up some space, I'd probably look at a used V70 above anything else out there. The other option may be Subaru Outback, though it's getting pretty tall, in efforts to look like an SUV... If Ford would only sell the Mondeo wagon on these shores.

Originally Posted By: addyguy

YES PLEASE!!!

Agreed! This organic blob styling fad started about half a decade ago and I still find it atrocious looking! It must be a good living to be a designer for a major auto company these days...just take a hit of LSD and go to town with the Crayolas.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

YES PLEASE!!!

Agreed! This organic blob styling fad started about half a decade ago and I still find it atrocious looking! It must be a good living to be a designer for a major auto company these days...just take a hit of LSD and go to town with the Crayolas.

More people these days want european styling, which is what we are getting.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

YES PLEASE!!!

More people these days want european styling, which is what we are getting.

According to who? A lot of vehicles sold better before they morphed into an unidentifiable shape, but there are a lot of reasons for that.

Also, I think true European styling is more conservative than what is becoming mainstream. The domestics and Asian brands like to pick and choose European styling cues then make them really offensive looking.

I like it somewhere in the middle - not overly boxy but also not an egg with 4 wheels on it.

I like Escaped 2 gen's back. Those looked great.

What part of Europe?

Volvo made brick shaped cars into the 1990s. The SAAB 9000 was sold into the 1990s. The VW Jetta was brick shaped until 1998 and the Golf remained brick shaped until around 2004. The BMW 5 and 7 series were also brick shaped until later in the 1990s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back