2012 Ram 2500 Delvac 15W40 7,725 miles

Latest sample from Blackstone. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this one. I ran just a little longer than last time and still yielded good results In think. It seems like the short block has finally settled in after ~45k miles. About half of this was towing our TT so some good use. Some of the towing was with a dump trailer and grossing at or over 20K for several loads related to a patio project.

I used up my last bit of Mobil Delvac 1300 15W40 and my last Mopar Filter with this change. Next change will be an FL-16035 and some Mystik JT8 15w40. As a side note the OCI came on in the dash.

Thoughts?

Todd

Attachments

• 12 RAM 2500.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 219
I run my 2019 ram 3500 at 15 to 17k oci on T6. It tows a 40ft trailer 100% of the time. Push it a bit more.

I run my 2019 ram 3500 at 15 to 17k oci on T6. It tows a 40ft trailer 100% of the time. Push it a bit more.
I may try 10k as Blackstone suggested. With 5.7 left on the TBN I think there’s lots of life left. The wear metals have tapered off as well.

Just my $0.02

I may try 10k as Blackstone suggested. With 5.7 left on the TBN I think there’s lots of life left. The wear metals have tapered off as well.

Just my $0.02

I think you’ll have no problem with 10K. I am curious about soot, though. BS doesn’t test that.

I’m not sure how much soot would show up as insolubles. I think that some may show up but it may be too fine to be accurately tested as an “insoluble”. That’s a question for @dnewton3

Most
Also this OCI was 246 hours. I forgot to add that in my original post.

Just my $0.02
Most of my ocis on the ram are around 500 hour mark. The truck does about 10k miles a month and most days will run 20 hours a day when working.
The Ford f350 PSD and the duramax get changes around 10k miles.

That is a big assumption, JMO. What makes the ford and dmax different?

Warranty on the 21 dmax but since we are over 100k miles now I am thinking about extending it a bit more.

10k miles is easily in sight here; try it. The Fe wear is coming down and the rest of the metals are very low. TBN is strong and can easily take more use.

Yes- soot will be part of the insolubles in the report. Generally they don't get much attention unless the insolubles are at .6 or more; being at .2 is very good.

10k miles is easily in sight here; try it. The Fe wear is coming down and the rest of the metals are very low. TBN is strong and can easily take more use.

Yes- soot will be part of the insolubles in the report. Generally they don't get much attention unless the insolubles are at .6 or more; being at .2 is very good.
Thank you sir for your insight! I think I’m gonna try 10k on the next OCI.

Just my $0.02

Not bad i'd go 11-12k if it were mine. I've used delvac but just switched to supertech diesel over availability and price.

Latest sample from Blackstone. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this one. I ran just a little longer than last time and still yielded good results In think. It seems like the short block has finally settled in after ~45k miles. About half of this was towing our TT so some good use. Some of the towing was with a dump trailer and grossing at or over 20K for several loads related to a patio project.

I used up my last bit of Mobil Delvac 1300 15W40 and my last Mopar Filter with this change. Next change will be an FL-16035 and some Mystik JT8 15w40. As a side note the OCI came on in the dash.

Thoughts?

Todd
Didn’t someone tell us how crappy the VOA was for the Delvac 1300? Lol

Didn’t someone tell us how crappy the VOA was for the Delvac 1300? Lol
Agree but everyone has an opinion and we are all entitled to them, that’s what’s great about this country.

I’m running my last change of Delvac for now. I bought 12 gallons of Mystik JT8 for $2.01 per gallon. I couldn’t pass that deal up. When you spend more on a filter than 3 gallons to do an oil change…!

I may go back to Delvac if the deal dries up long term or my UOA’s aren’t good but only time will tell.

Just my $0.02

Back