2012 Grand Cherokee Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to get the opinions of others on this one. I have a new Jeep GC and it uses a cannister filter that I can only find in a STP, Fram, or Bosch filters. I would really like to use a Mobil 1 or a K&N filter on this application. Does anyone know where I can get one or should I just choose a Bosch. I was planning on using Mobil 1 EP oil so I want a filter that is up to the task. Thanks!!!

The stp is a champ filter and the bosch is a purolater. Id have no issues with the Bosch. And no issues with the stp if its not some weird ecore they are making. How does the fram look? Often there canister filters look well built.

Bosch filters are good. As Chris said they are made by Purolator, so you could go with Bosch or Purolator. I say whichever you can get a better deal on.

You can get M1/K&N filters at auto parts stores, although they are a bit pricey from what I remember. Good filters though.

The auto stores often have sales on M1 oil and M1 filters. Keep an eye out for these and stock up when its on sale. NAPA also makes good filters (by Wix) and will surely stock what you need in the Gold or Platimum, depending on your needs. Supposedly NAPA traditionally runs a sale in Feb...good time to stock up.

I think what most of the responses are missing is that I believe the OP has the Pentastar engine.

NAPA does show Pro-Select and Gold cartridges, but there aren't any listings for Mobil 1. Autzone only shows STP, Fram and Bosch.

For the OP, have you considered the MOPAR filter? You can usually get 3 OEM filters for about $25 (with free shipping).

Which engine do you have? I tried a look up, the Hemi takes a PH2 equivalent spin on filter, but the 3.6 uses a cartridge filter from what I could tell.

I have the 3.6L engine that uses a cannister filter. I looked on the K&N and Mobil websites and I didn't see a filter listed for them. Funny, I never even considered a Mopar filter. I know they are OE, but does anyone know how they compare to other filters?

I'm not sure on the cartridge filters, but the rest of the current Mopar's are made by Purolator. It is likely the Mopar for your Jeep is too. A "Purolator Classic" with a higher price tag.

I buy mine from the dealer.

Funny that I have 40,000 filters for other vehicles, and not this one.

Originally Posted By: mvriley315
I wanted to get the opinions of others on this one. I have a new Jeep GC and it uses a cannister filter that I can only find in a STP, Fram, or Bosch filters. I would really like to use a Mobil 1 or a K&N filter on this application. Does anyone know where I can get one or should I just choose a Bosch. I was planning on using Mobil 1 EP oil so I want a filter that is up to the task. Thanks!!!

Assuming this is the 3.6L Pentastar...

1 - I would not use a Fram or STP filter on a bet. The Bosch filter is a good one so you could use that with no worries. Also, the OEM MOPAR filter is a fine filter for use under a warranty acceptable OCI.

2 - There are other filter options out there for you including Mobil1 filters. Here is a short list of some filter #'s for the Cherokee w/ the 3.6L I looked up for another member a while ago...

Purolator Classic Filter = L36135
Purolator PureOne Filter = PL36135
Purolator Synthetic Filter = PSL36135( not available yet )

Bosch Premium Filter = 3335
Bosch Distance Plus Filter = D3335( not available yet )

Mobil 1 Filter = P990
Wix Filter = 57526
Napa Gold( same as Wix ) = 7526
Baldwin = P7492
Hastings = LF656

Nothing yet for...

Amsoil
K&N
Royal Purple

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.