2012 GMC Terrain 3.0L V6 Intake Valve Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by supton

Why would one need a regimen of cleaners? I've not run many vehicles past 200k but those have not gotten cleaners, certainly not on a regular basis.

Were any of them direct injected?

I'm with you in that I've never had a vehicle that required a "cleaning" either, but DI's are a whole nother deal.

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by supton

Why would one need a regimen of cleaners? I've not run many vehicles past 200k but those have not gotten cleaners, certainly not on a regular basis.

Were any of them direct injected?

I'm with you in that I've never had a vehicle that required a "cleaning" either, but DI's are a whole nother deal.

True that, none were DI. Oh wait--my diesel was a DI, but lemme guess, that doesn't count.
wink.gif

Great, now people are going to swarm in and tell me I'm a Luddite for not having any DI's, right? That I'd be better off getting 3 more mpg but having to do 5k OCI's and run some cleaners every 25k, 'cuz that's better for the enviroment?

Eh. Now I'm missing that ole TDi, NOx emissions or not. Oh well. Every technology has its teething issues; DI has come a long ways and isn't quite the scary thing it used to be. And technically engines have been gumming up / carboning up for a long time prior to DI. TDi's especially!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back