2011 FRAM Training Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the endcap is not a structural element of the filter, It only Serves to hold the glue that seals the end of the media cartridge.
fram engineers began using engineered fiber endcaps over 45 years ago,
they do this because they know the glue bonds better between two porous surfaces.
The Fram Team has built over 2 billion filters this way."

and then at the end points out how their top of the line(which is the cut away used for most of the demonstrations) has steel endcaps.

just because you've made a couple billion of something doesn't make it the best. (McDonalds Hamburger anyone?)

Originally Posted By: earlyre
"the endcap is not a structural element of the filter, It only Serves to hold the glue that seals the end of the media cartridge.
fram engineers began using engineered fiber endcaps over 45 years ago,
they do this because they know the glue bonds better between two porous surfaces.
The Fram Team has built over 2 billion filters this way."

and then at the end points out how their top of the line(which is the cut away used for most of the demonstrations) has steel endcaps.

just because you've made a couple billion of something doesn't make it the best. (McDonalds Hamburger anyone?)

That part definitely stuck out for me. Great find on the video. I was wondering what the efficiency was on the oil filters. Also the OCI was stated which seems kinda odd but good to know.

Last edited:
LOLLOLOL. On the video at the bottom 'Hyudai/Kia V6' the guys voice cracks at 1:50. "...use a small pick, to pull it out of the gRoOve" ha.

those are some great videos. love or hate and agree or disagree with fram, they really prove that they care and have convictions about their craft.

the fiber end cap point is a very good one, if you think about it from an engineering perspective.

I don't use fram, but the high mileage was an interesting concept. A slow release tbn booster? wonder if anyone has opened one new and compared it with 3k and 5k to see the additive cube size.

Last edited:
I did their videos when it came out and got a free carhart long sleeve shirt that says fram on it. its a really nice shirt lol

These videos were really well done for technical instruction!

How about the Mazda 3 OC procedure? Very fussy!

This definitely makes me think better of Fram. I hope they keep up the good work. You know I think there are a LOT of folks like ourselves that like technical information and demonstration I wish more companies would do things like this and provide as much technical data as possible to those who want it as long as it doesn't compromise trade secrets.

Nice going Fram.

I'd like to see some other companies do the same.

Common sense says glue sticks to 2 porous surfaced papers better than it would to a slick piece of metal. But paper can rip. Its a draw. If its not perfect so what. When we throttle our engines are we filtering or in bypass? are we really filtering every cycle? My issue with paper is the silicone anti-drain back seal against paper vs metal. No way porous paper can make a good seal. Thats a loss.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
So the Extra Guard Orange can filter is not for use with synthetic oil?

I don't think they mean not. Frams xtended guard uses synthetic media and its info recommends use for synthetic oil and extended drains, so does the new synthetic purolator oil filter. But there is no document (i've seen) that says don't use paper, that would wipe out most the current filter market.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
My issue with paper is the silicone anti-drain back seal against paper vs metal. No way porous paper can make a good seal.

Not only that, but the fiber end caps can tend to warp over time, and that will not make the ADBV seal very well as the filter gets some miles on it. Metal end caps don't warp, so the ADBV seal should work better throughout the entire use period.

Originally Posted By: MrRPM
I did their videos when it came out and got a free carhart long sleeve shirt that says fram on it. its a really nice shirt lol

I also won this shirt. It has cardboard arm holes.

But really, it's just way too big for me even for a "small" shirt.

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
Originally Posted By: MrRPM

I also won this shirt. It has cardboard arm holes.

But really, it's just way too big for me even for a "small" shirt.

smirk...chuckle...bahahaha

it all comes to "how good does it HAVE to be?" like my friend ask me why a chrysler lettered 300 only does a 16.xx sec 1/4 mile? cause that was the target spec. chrysler didnt want a 300 to do a 12. sec 1/4 mile BUT they DID want a dodge maxi wedge to do a 12. sec 1/4 mile. and thats how fast it goes. but i still think i dont want cardboard in my oil filter.

While not a popular opinion on this message forum, the entire line of Fram products are quite durable and effective. Fram gets beat around like some motor oils on here, but that doesn't mean they are any less of a product. Use what you want, and trust in it's performance.

I've never been a fan of the OCOD, because I have actually had issues with it when used on my VW, I don't believe the filter was actually defective, but the ABDV is not designed in a way that seems compatible with the car and it caused the oil pressure light to come on.

However I do believe for many applications they are probably just fine as long as you don't go over 6k miles or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back