2011 Ford Ranger - Detailed!

Can you describe the process you used for the engine bay?

Truck looks great! Hope they pay you well, cleaning vehicles and doing a thorough job is a lot of work.
For this engine bay - for most engine bays, actually, I:

-Foam it with the foam cannon
-Spray APC on any heavily soiled areas
-Agitate with a detail brush
-Quick wipe down with a dedicated wash mitt
-Rinse clean (avoiding sensitive electronics)
-Blow dry

Final step is to spray it down with Hyper Dressing and let it self-level. I do my best to wait until it is full dry.

Looks good; I was always curious if an interesting side job would be to retro fit a 23NS duratech found in the 2WD only model into the 4WD chassis. I think that would have been a killer combination as the 2300 is a solid motor and is economical when it counts.

Just got a 2011 Ranger in the same color with 101,000 miles. It was a trade-in at a new car dealer, very clean overall, but it has its little blemishes. Now I'm gonna have to try to get it to look like that one...

After I get some maintenance and other work done, of course. It's got the 4.0 V-6 too. Just got the auto trans flushed and filter and fluid changed.

This Ranger is local to me. Just passed it walking into the grocery store. It has been almost a year to the day since I detailed it.

Griot's 3-in-1 is good stuff.

0207221556.jpg

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for these Rangers. It's all my dad drove growing up and this brought back all those memories.

Had a blast bringing this back to pristine.

Interesting... My dad's last truck was a 89 Ford Ranger. He had it until he died in January 2010.

Amazing that truck made it that long as he was not the greatest with maintenance. A manual transmission on that truck that was tricky to get moving. Had amazing ac for the first 5 years.

This Ranger is local to me. Just passed it walking into the grocery store. It has been almost a year to the day since I detailed it.

Griot's 3-in-1 is good stuff.

View attachment 88015
I think these spray-on/rinse off si02 products create a film build on the surface overtime. My wife's Accord was coated in 2015?? with CQuartz UK 3.0 and receives a spray-on product every month or two. For a while last year, I applied nothing to the surface for several months and it was still beading very well.

Back