Freshened up the Touareg!

Sat outside for 3ish weeks while it was at VW and needed a bath bad. Couldn't stand to look at it.

Last full detail was almost 6 months and 10,000 miles to the day. It did get a quick vacuum and ONR wash in November.

0325211259_HDR.jpg
0325211300_HDR.jpg
0325211300c_HDR.jpg
0325211300d_HDR.jpg
0325211300e_HDR.jpg
0325211300a_HDR.jpg
0325211301_HDR.jpg
0325211301a_HDR.jpg

Products used:

Chemical Guys Blacklight Car Wash
P&S Brake Buster
Optimum No Rinse
3D Super Glass
Nanoskin Hydrophobic Nano Carnauba Wax
Nanoskin Hydro Express Spray Polymer
Nanoskin Wet Look Dressing
Nanoskin Smooth

Nice. I haven't seen ONR mentioned in years (I have a bottle in my garage but it has probably expired).

Interesting choice in tires. They look noisy.
ONR is still a staple of detailers everywhere, as far as I know.

I soak a rag in my wash bucket, wring it out, and wipe the interior down. Follow that up with a dry microfiber and you're left with a perfectly cleaned and protected surface.

The tires have a light AT "hum" but they're quieter than the Goodyear Assurance junk they replaced.

Wow! Looks better than the day you picked it up at the dealership, i'm sure. Looks fantastic!
Thank you!

It was rough when I bought it. Most used cars are!

Looks really good!! Mind if I ask how many miles and if you've had any issues?
Just crossed 112,xxx yesterday. Bought it with 78,xxx in October 2019.

It needed a NOx sensor shortly after I bought it and I just had the pipe from the turbo to the intercoolers replaced to fix a leak as well as the EGR coolant pump for an internal fault.

BMC air filter was causing some light throttle surging and weirdness with the regen frequency - a new OEM filter fixed that.

Aside from that, just regular maintenance.

Trying to keep a spotless interior with the occupant of that booster seat is probably a "challenge".

Cooper AT3s are a good looking tire that ride and handle well and aren't loud, good choice. They also work well offroad.

2012 if I remember correctly? Eventhough it looks new. Incredible really.
2012 TDI Sport, that's right. I just wish I could replace only the driver's floor mat. The rest are new and no one will sell one mat. I don't need a full set.

Trying to keep a spotless interior with the occupant of that booster seat is probably a "challenge".

Cooper AT3s are a good looking tire that ride and handle well and aren't loud, good choice. They also work well offroad.
Kids make messes, but if you "clean as you go" it never has a chance to build up.

The AT3 4S has done well for me everywhere I've taken them and they're wearing like iron.

Back