2010 Lexus GX 460, 1UR-FE, Supertech 0w20, 2925mi OCI

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024
I was curious to see how Supertech performed after alot of highway towing. I kept it in 4th gear most of the time and hovered around 2800rpms. I believe this oil sheared down to a 0W16. As comparable 1UR-FE UOAs didnt shear this much, I have no regrets on the oil change. It was replaced with Total Quartz Long Life 5w30 and will post a VOA soon. Turnaround time was excellent at 2 business days after delivery.

1706742624274.jpg

Previous UOA

"Kept it in 4th gear mostly." Do you mean mostly highway miles or? Looks good & you still have plenty of life with the low mileage on this GX460. Good looking ad pack which is probably needed for this particular visc. No noticeable contaminates. Does this engine recommend to use 5w-30?

Last edited:
i have to add the obligatory "run 0w40 for an annual oci".

8.2 quarts on this port injected beast, and it still sheared down?

"Kept it in 4th gear mostly." Do you mean mostly highway miles or? Looks good & you still have plenty of life with the low mileage on this GX460. Good looking ad pack which is probably needed for this particular visc. No noticeable contaminates. Does this engine recommend to use 5w-30?
Yup, normally in 6th gear it will loaf around 1900 rpms. 0w20 on the oil cap.

Did you get this car new? ATF OCI? The GX460 and there are plenty of used ones but I am nervous about buying used vehicles because of potential AT problem due to lacks of services.

Yup, normally in 6th gear it will loaf around 1900 rpms. 0w20 on the oil cap.
Thanks for the information & I'm happy to hear of the quick turnaround with wix lab. That's always nice to have results. The total should of course have a higher viscosity after your run. We'll wait for that UOA too if your doing that one.

Plenty of life left in the oil. Wear was fine. TBN was good.
The Vis shearing is more prevalent at the front of an OCI. There's no contamination; it's just the VIIs initial breakdown. It would have been near that same vis even after twice the mileage.

Last edited:
Back