2010 Kawasaki Brute Force | Front Diff | 45 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the UOA from the front differential after 10 hours | 45 miles. This is the factory fill (Kawasaki 10w-40 engine oil) and it seems like I may have a problem with the front differential. In this report Blackstone states there may not be a problem, but when they tested the rear differential and compared, they now believe there may be a problem.

I refilled the differential with Kawasaki 10w-40 again, but the next fill will be with Rotella. I will have to keep any eye on this, but I have a 5 year warranty so it will be Kawasaki's problem if something goes dreadfully awry.

Thoughts are always welcome.

Blackstone's comments are for entertainment value only. If you really think there may be an issue get an expert, e.g. Terry Dyson, to evaluate the UOAs for you.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Is this an open diff? Limited slip? Locker?

I believe it is a selectable locker. There is a lever that can be pulled if one or the other wheel starts slipping and it forces both to engage.

I believe it uses a clutch system to progressively lock the two wheels together based on how far you pull in the yellow lever. I have an 07 but never had it apart. The rear end has a wet brake built into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back