2008 Honda Odyssey HVAC mode selection doesn't work

My mother's 2008 Honda Odyssey LX is stuck blowing out the front vents, the hot and cold mixture is working fine so I don't think it's the blend door actuator, I found some videos online where there's a mode selection motor above the blend door actuator but that doesn't appear to be how it's setup on this generation of odyssey with mostly base model options, because I took off the driver foot air duct and I can only see the blend door bit which seems to respond as normal when you adjust the temp dial, what is responsible for changing which direction the air blows?

Ended up figuring it out, it's on the passenger side under the glovebox, found a cheap chinese one on eBay that someone said they bought and never installed, only $10 shipped, will see if it works, the cheapest Chinese ones I could find elsewhere were like $30 on Amazon and Rock Auto, and the good brands were more than I want to pay just to keep this van running another season.

I went to open the old one and see what may have went wrong and see if I could fix it but the tabs were all super brittle and broke before I could even get them up the latching bump.

Got my china part today, installed, and working fine, I think it'll be a few days before my back and neck are right again 🤣. Getting to anything under the dash on these cars is a chore, the blower motor went out a few years ago and we had a hell of a time trying to get it in at the angle you have to go at. The actuator is fun because you have to manage to hold it in place with both tracks aligned while trying to get the bolts back into the cramped space, I have scrawny arms I don't know how a bigger guy could even do this.

Back