mode door actuator motor

I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville that needs a mode actuator motor. This is not the blend door motor , this is the motor that controls the vent positions. Anyone ever done one on this car ? Looks really tight to get to. Any tricks or advice before i start ripping the dash and duct work out ? Thanks for any help.

Have you figured out what one is bad ?
It had 2 on the drivers side and it's the one closest to the drivers seat. I knoiw nthe blend motor has to come off first to get to the mode motor. The blend motor is no big deal ,but the mode actuator motor has all those arms going to it and i believe it all has to be lined up to install the new motor. Access to it look tight and was looking for any tips to installing it.

I 've seen people say to remove drivers seat and center council, but i don't know.

It had 2 on the drivers side and it's the one closest to the drivers seat. I knoiw nthe blend motor has to come off first to get to the mode motor. The blend motor is no big deal ,but the mode actuator motor has all those arms going to it and i believe it all has to be lined up to install the new motor. Access to it look tight and was looking for any tips to installing it.

I 've seen people say to remove drivers seat and center council, but i don't know.
I've had pretty good luck Googling up "how tos" for anything broken Please post a follow up.
:cool:

Update on this install. I put the new mode actuator in today and it's working good. I have all my vents working now , just in time for summer. I installed just the motor and it was not bad at all. Didn't even have to take the blend door motor off. Just had to remove that black box and get it out of the way and the new mode motor went right it.

I went to Rock Auto's web site and seen they sold just the motor and didn't need that other bracket and wheel that engages the arms on the door box. Now if you are going to install that bracket and new wheel be prepared for a little more work. Still i don't think it would be real bad. It is tight and a palm ratchet works wonders here. Also a light you can wear on your forehead comes on handy.

Back