2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 w/ Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys...in addition to the Hemi and the 12V Cummins...it looks like I will be adding another Ram to the stable this weekend.

Will be picking up an 08 2500 SLT. Has the 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE automatic. Just over 71,000 miles. Here are a few pics...

20fszu9.jpg

20fdfyg.jpg

11imsjm.jpg

33to0lj.jpg

352g65h.jpg

35heqld.jpg

24ymzxk.jpg

What I've done when getting a "new to me" vehicle, is change all fluids and filters. I realize this probably isn't necessary some of the time...but I like knowing when the fluids were changed and what fluid was used.

Here is the list of fluids/filters I will be going with.

• Oil: Delo Synthetic 5W40
  • Oil Filter: Fram Ultra XG3976A
  • Transmission Fluid: SuperTech ATF+4 (Always had good luck with it)
  • Transmission Filters: Mopar MOP-5013470 & Mopar 5179267 (One's inside the pan and the other is the screw-on)
  • Transfer Case Fluid: SuperTech ATF+4
  • Fuel Filter: Fleetguard FS43258 (may possibly upgrade to something like VPMAX Single Remote Filter Kit in the near future)
  • Differential Fluid: Valvoline SynPower 75W90 Synthetic
  • Brake Fluid: SuperTech
  • Power Steering Fluid: SuperTech
  • Coolant: SuperTech 50/50

Any problems any of you see with this list? Also, are there any other recommendations or things you do when you acquire another vehicle? Will also be throwing on a good coat of wax after purchase as well!

I value everyone's opinions!

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
wowza the size of that fan/fan shroud!
and hopefully just some ac condensation on the ground behind the front wheel..
smile.gif

I believe there is an intercooler under than fan shroud.

If the engine oil looks clean - leave 'em. OTW it seem like just a waste.

The brush bar looks a little too much wannabe SUV than truck - I would loose that.

Engine looks like it has some mods. Does this kill the warranty?

Nice truck - not knowing anything about these trucks
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
wowza the size of that fan/fan shroud!
and hopefully just some ac condensation on the ground behind the front wheel..
smile.gif

You are correct. Just condensation. I inspected everywhere for leaks and I couldn't find any.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I would use Amsoil products for transmission, xfer case and diff. I think they are worth the extra $$ and hassle.

I do think Amsoil offers great products. Personally, in this particular application, I don't think it justifies the almost 60% price increase for just those fluids (and that's not including the shipping). I will still be changing the diff, transmission, and transfer case at factory recommended intervals.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

The brush bar looks a little too much wannabe SUV than truck - I would loose that.

smile.gif

Like I stated, I'm sure in some cases it definitely is a waste. But it gives me piece of mind, and I care about that more than a few hundred bucks out-of-pocket.

And the bull-bar will definitely be the first thing to go as soon as I get home. Some like them, but I'm not too fond of them. To each their own I guess.

Also, only "mod" to speak of on the truck is an S&B Cold Air Intake, warranty is still good!

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

smile.gif

LMAO! The oil turns black by the time you get to the end of the driveway on these trucks. I'd recommend a dpf/egr delete otherwise it's going to be in the shop a lot.

Originally Posted By: clintonhutson
Have the deletes and tuner ready to go whenever I get the time to do it. So no worries there!

Well looks like you did your homework. Great looking truck. Mine would still look that good if I didn't get the truck bed all bent up on the bottom edge from turning too sharp.

There seems to be many issues with the electric fan clutch and ac compressor on those trucks. The fan clutch does not pull air @ idle. This smokes the AC compressor as the condenser cant condense with out air flow, Total system failure is next. I'm doing 2-3 a week then sending the truck out to have the computer reflashed,

Originally Posted By: Chris142
There seems to be many issues with the electric fan clutch and ac compressor on those trucks. The fan clutch does not pull air @ idle. This smokes the AC compressor as the condenser cant condense with out air flow, Total system failure is next. I'm doing 2-3 a week then sending the truck out to have the computer reflashed,

Mine works fine that fan moves plenty of air. Also keep it on recirculate and that will take the load off the ac system, otherwise the fan clutch will be cycling all the time when driving around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking truck! I too would be tempted to go amsoil on the transmission. Give it every fighting chance behind the mighty cummins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back