2008 Acura TL ECM/PCM????

Had a check engine light that came on last week. My mechanic could not clear it -- cleared and came right back on. Took the car today to the Honda/Acura dealership near by. After code read and diagnostic --- told it was PCM/ECM --- computer need replaced. Was quoted 1300 for part and 90 for labor plus taxes. Anybody else run into this issue and find/know a cheaper route before I have to go the dealer route? Any quality used parts, do they need reprogrammed, etc..... ??? Please help!!! Car just rolled 133K miles yesterday. In last 2 years -- timing belt/water pump Asian kit installed with 4 new coils also.

Note# Code was P2610

Last edited:
What was code the code???

If the scanner can not communicate with the cars computer, you got a sensor going to ground. The most common one is the map sensor, unplug it and try the scanner.

If the ECM is bad, what is being read to get a diagnosis ? Honest question....

Your best option is likely a used ECM from a salvage yard. Very unlikely the dealer will install it for you though but your mechanic should (with no warranty obviously). No idea what, if any, programming is needed. Seems to be a pretty common part.... Using car-part.com, there are (4) yards where I live that have this and more in the nearby, surrounding areas. Cheap too.... as low as $65. It's located inside the car so even if it's been sitting in a salvage yard, it's fairly well protected.

Last edited:
This is failure of the PCM to remember something while the key is off. Make sure the "always on" power (from a separate fuse) is reaching the PCM.

Just double check the power and grounds to computer before replacing it it.

A good scanner can give you the ECU/ PCM serial number and just buy one that matches it.

You might need to redo the immobilizer to work on your car.

No idea on Acura / Honda's - but plenty of guys on the Nissan boards have gotten rebuilt modules from Flagship 1. They show up programmed / ready to install. They also sell for Acura. I would try searching around on some acura specific forums and see if anyone has additional suggestion.

No idea on Acura / Honda's - but plenty of guys on the Nissan boards have gotten rebuilt modules from Flagship 1. They show up programmed / ready to install. They also sell for Acura. I would try searching around on some acura specific forums and see if anyone has additional suggestion.

The site you have highlighted -- cant get the year to go up past 1997? My Acura is a 2008 model.

The link you posted is for 1996 and 1997 model year PCM's, and they are a lot easier to swap out due to not containing immobilizer functionality. Unfortunately they don't seem to offer a solution for the OP.

Back