2007 Subaru STi 74,000 kms; Penrite 5w-40 4000 kms .... concerns

This is what so conflicting about so many opinions and UOA reports, even to the ones deemed "normal" something sinister was lurking. I think I'm just going to put this to bed and enjoy the car, it's running flawlessly so I may very well be worrying about nothing.
Yes, if it’s really coming apart you may may not see it. Spectrographic analyses do not show particles so if the failure is like that then it’s going to be filtered out at the machine. You have to do something more to detect it such as an acid digestion of the sample.

Simple UOA show elements in solution and very small particles.

What's your climate like? I'm in Brisbane, Australia and we've had a very hot and humid summer. After seeing the results my tuner has recommended going up to HPR10 10w -50.
I’m in a climate that swings from 0 degrees F to 95+ F. I was running 15-40 in really hot weather so I think you’re tuners recommendation is spot on…….especially if your driving it hard. Just make sure the oil is up to temp before getting into any high boost.
Best of luck with it, I’d love to see some pictures if you have the time to post them!

I’m in a climate that swings from 0 degrees F to 95+ F. I was running 15-40 in really hot weather so I think you’re tuners recommendation is spot on…….especially if your driving it hard. Just make sure the oil is up to temp before getting into any high boost.
Best of luck with it, I’d love to see some pictures if you have the time to post them!

IMG_20240126_094913_814.jpg

DSC07372-Original File.jpg

IMG_20231015_055150_551.jpg

Back