2007 sequoua w 7 year old toyota branded bat . Just replace it. Its having no problems

A year ago I bought a 2007 sequoia and love it. The bat is supposed to be 7 years old according to the last owner. The car starts and runs perfectly but here in wisconsin low temps and winter can be hard on batteries. Should I just swap it out ?? I have a spare core and can keep the old battery as a jump battery on a bat maintainer.
What is a good choice to replace my sequoia battery ?? Its a limited model so tons of power stuff going on.
I normally just swap batteries as they age and have never waited for one to fail before changing them out.

Personally, I have always done just the opposite, that is I wait till at least it gives signs of being bad. But that is just me, as it is no big deal to me if sometime it won't start. Also, A new battery can be defective and go out at any time also. Sure it is under warranty, but that doesn't get the vehicle started. So, as I am sure others will say, do what makes you feel good.

Asking how long a 7 year old battery will last, is almost as funny as the answer Ron White gave to the guy sitting next to him once on a plane. One of the planes 2 engines quit running and the guy was panicked. He asked Ron how far the plane could go on one engine. Ron said, right to the scene of the crash.,,,

A year ago I bought a 2007 sequoia and love it. The bat is supposed to be 7 years old according to the last owner. The car starts and runs perfectly but here in wisconsin low temps and winter can be hard on batteries. Should I just swap it out ?? I have a spare core and can keep the old battery as a jump battery on a bat maintainer.
What is a good choice to replace my sequoia battery ?? Its a limited model so tons of power stuff going on.
I normally just swap batteries as they age and have never waited for one to fail before changing them out.
If its been well maintained, battery tender, fluid levels are topped off in the battery then you can run it.

If its been just sitting there, I'd dump in a new everstart maxx (EP serial number preferred) and your worrys should be resolved. I assume 27F or 24F is the size?

To see a Toyota battery go that long is surprising. Personally I wait till they start showing signs of failing before replacing but that’s just me. Batteries are expensive so no sense buying one if you don’t need it.

Kinda confused on why you would want to swap out a battery that seems to be a ok. Test it and if it passes good to go. If it fails, replace it. Ground ball here.

I had a 5 yr old Costco Kirkland Signature battery, size 78, (made by Johnson controls) die on me with no warning whatsoever. I do a conductance test on the battery every fall and this was around 575 CCA, about 75 % of what it was new. No sign of slow cranking whatsoever. Luckily it happened at work and I just pulled out a battery from one of the trucks in our fleet and got home.

Since then I just replace the battery when it gets to be 5 yrs old.

I dont own a load tester . Or battery evaluator. I am an electrical engineer. So i am used to keeping stuff running with no down time. I have bad knees so if a battery. Fails on me it could be a huge nightmare getting going again.

I will consider that. I dont own a jump pack.. if i wanted to run the sequoia battery till it was dead i would want to buy a large jump pack. How much do those cost ??

A new sequoia battery is about 150.

Well sure, the battery INSIDE the jump box costs $60, but how do you expect to use it without the box?

How much do you think a plastic case, a charger, and some jumper cable wire and clamps cost?

You can get a jump box like that for $85 at Harbor Freight. It doesn't claim as many peak amps, but there's only so much you're going to get out a battery of a given size anyway.

$69 if you don't want the tire inflator:

Last edited:
How much do you think a plastic case, a charger, and some jumper cable wire and clamps cost?

You can get a jump box like that for $85 at Harbor Freight. It doesn't claim as many peak amps, but there's only so much you're going to get out a battery of a given size anyway.

$69 if you don't want the tire inflator:

I've learned a long time ago that when in comes to jump boxes, you get what you pay for. Those cheap ones might last a year, two if your lucky. I've had the one I linked to for 8 years including replacing the battery 2 years ago. I use it every week for something. From moving around a car with no battery, to testing electrical parts, to inflating tires with a 12 volt air compressor.

Back