2007 NISSAN SENTRA SPEC-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting pretty close to purchasing one of these with 22,000 miles on the clock, pretty quick car based on road tests, mid-6 second range to 60 mph and quarter mile in 15 flat @ 92 mph. Anyone have any experience with this car, 2007 was a redesign year so it's quite a bit different from previous gen spec V. Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

I've only ridden in one but I liked it. I wasnt sure I would like the cvt auto transmission but it seemed just fine but that Spec should have their slick 6 speed which is great.

I'm not a fan of the styling, the engine, the interior, the shifter, and least of all the weight. I also wouldn't trust it to be cheap and easy to own in the long run.

At this price point, if you're looking for a balanced, finely honed, practical car, the Civic Si beats it hands down, inside and out. Motor Trend agrees; they say it's slower below 50 MPH but better in every other way:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/seda...ec_v/index.html

Plus, there's the whole Honda-vs.-Nissan reliability thing, which I'm sure doesn't need to be fleshed out.
wink.gif

On the other hand, if you absolutely need torque and are willing to sacrifice refinement for it, get the Mazdaspeed 3. It's MUCH faster and should be a lot more of a hoot to drive than the SE-R.

Stay away, the qr25 motor is not reliable. It's pretty much a hit or miss with them.

Luckily my fiance's 06 altima that came with a qr25 has never gave us problems. Her car fell with in the vin #s that were recalled for oil consumption issues in 06 but it cleared the test they did on the motor. Supposedly they have fixed the issues with them but I still don't trust them. There are still people complaining of problems with them in the new altima and sentra models.

Last edited:
I've had no problems with my previous generation Spec V. Having to use premium fuel was a minus.

I love the torque. I'd buy another one.

Now that they've addressed the pre-cat issues with the earlier 2.5, you shouldn't experience the problems of the previous SE-R. That's the same engine that hauls around the heavier Altima, and I've heard nothing else negative about it since the pre-cats were fixed.

Counterpoint: Not a fan of the mini-Maxima styling, but taste is subjective. Drove a previous-gen Spec V, really enjoyed it, but ended up buying a 1.8 GXE, which was bulletproof for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back