2007 NISSAN SENTRA SPEC-V

Getting pretty close to purchasing one of these with 22,000 miles on the clock, pretty quick car based on road tests, mid-6 second range to 60 mph and quarter mile in 15 flat @ 92 mph. Anyone have any experience with this car, 2007 was a redesign year so it's quite a bit different from previous gen spec V. Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

I've only ridden in one but I liked it. I wasnt sure I would like the cvt auto transmission but it seemed just fine but that Spec should have their slick 6 speed which is great.

I'm not a fan of the styling, the engine, the interior, the shifter, and least of all the weight. I also wouldn't trust it to be cheap and easy to own in the long run. At this price point, if you're looking for a balanced, finely honed, practical car, the Civic Si beats it hands down, inside and out. Motor Trend agrees; they say it's slower below 50 MPH but better in every other way: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/seda...ec_v/index.html Plus, there's the whole Honda-vs.-Nissan reliability thing, which I'm sure doesn't need to be fleshed out. ;\) On the other hand, if you absolutely need torque and are willing to sacrifice refinement for it, get the Mazdaspeed 3. It's MUCH faster and should be a lot more of a hoot to drive than the SE-R.

Stay away, the qr25 motor is not reliable. It's pretty much a hit or miss with them. Luckily my fiance's 06 altima that came with a qr25 has never gave us problems. Her car fell with in the vin #s that were recalled for oil consumption issues in 06 but it cleared the test they did on the motor. Supposedly they have fixed the issues with them but I still don't trust them. There are still people complaining of problems with them in the new altima and sentra models.

Last edited:
I've had no problems with my previous generation Spec V. Having to use premium fuel was a minus. I love the torque. I'd buy another one.

Now that they've addressed the pre-cat issues with the earlier 2.5, you shouldn't experience the problems of the previous SE-R. That's the same engine that hauls around the heavier Altima, and I've heard nothing else negative about it since the pre-cats were fixed. Counterpoint: Not a fan of the mini-Maxima styling, but taste is subjective. Drove a previous-gen Spec V, really enjoyed it, but ended up buying a 1.8 GXE, which was bulletproof for me.