2007 Ford Taurus - What's up with the PCV valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 2003 Taurus and the PCV valve was on the rear bank valve cover in plain sight. I now have a 2007 Taurus with the same Vulcan 3.0 but I can't figure out where the PCV valve even is; it's definitely not in the same spot. To add to that Advance doesn't sell them and AutoZone says they are special order. I'm about to turn over 90k and was thinking about getting a new one just as preventive maintenance, the old one seems to be fine. So I have two questions: where is it and should I bother if it's not causing me any trouble.

I thought only Duratecs had the hidden PCV valve under the upper intake manifold?? You may have a heated PCV valve which has an electrical connector. Ford started using these lately which makes a 5 dollar part a 50 dollar part. I think its either for emissions or to prevent buildup on the valve..

Check http://www.taurusclub.com they have a good site with alot of info. I thought all Vulcans had it at the same place in the back valve cover like you said...

So I broke down and actually looked in the manual. It says, in effect, go see the dealer. I was going to let them do the plugs and wires at 100k anyway. I'll probably just add that to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back