PCV Valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 F150 Lariat 4x2 5.4 gas and noticed after a long trip that it had used quite a bit of oil. It has about 146k miles and hadn't used oil before. ( 5w-20 M1 EP about 3k since last OCI) I thought about checking the PCV valve and then I couldn't find it. I did some research online and know where they are on earlier models (the passenger side valve cover) but, it's not the same on the 2007. I even checked the the Ford parts site, looking a the diagrams. You can get a PCV hose but, not a valve. I saw a reference about it being inside the valve cover but the reference wasn't very clear.

Is anyone familiar with this vehicle engine combo and know if there is one and where it is?

Pull the cover and check its not intégral to the part, then think about switching to older style or aftermarket covers and plumb it how you like.

Have you checked with Ford forum? I would think that they have more owners of this truck hanging out there.

I've checked numerous ford forums. Info on them prior to 2007 and post 2008 but, nothing much on 2007 5.4. Same with the parts. I suspect Olas and War are probably on point.

Originally Posted By: Bronco1
( 5w-20 M1 EP about 3k since last OCI)

Next oil change...Go with a conventional and see if that helps.

Bronco,

I think you and I are in the same boat. I have a 4.6L with no serviceable PCV. I am considering cutting a hose and putting in an oil catch can, and PCV.

So it is part of the driver's side valve cover. If you replace the valve cover, the one you get from Ford will have less bolt holes, but will bolt on fine. The cover comes with a new gasket and hardware. I don't know if they still do but Ford Racing offered covers that were painted different colors that I think were cheaper than the ones from a dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back