2007 Ford Focus Motor Mount replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some time now The Focus has had a vibration, although slight at times. After researching the problem the top MM seemed to be the culprit. So this morning I replaced it and WOW what a difference. The engine is smooth as silk. What a change!

Running M1 oil and the motor mounts wear out? I'LL bet if you ran Amsoil it wouldn't have happened.
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
Running M1 oil and the motor mounts wear out? I'LL bet if you ran Amsoil it wouldn't have happened.
sick.gif

+1
Amsoil has special mountification nanopolymers that reduce mount cavitation and flexoidation. M1 doesn't. Thus proving Amsoil to be superior.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
sick.gif

+1
Amsoil has special mountification nanopolymers that reduce mount cavitation and flexoidation. M1 doesn't. Thus proving Amsoil to be superior.

+2, that Mobil 1 is bad for your engine mounts.

Originally Posted By: hypervish
Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
sick.gif

+1

+2, that Mobil 1 is bad for your engine mounts.

+3 Mobil 1 is definately what killed those motor mounts. Maybe run some Royal Purple or Amsoil in there. There's a plentiful supply of Unicorn tears in both of those oils that should keep this new motor-mount in check forever.

Just don't use PYB. All that wax will make your motor mounts self-destruct and leave your engine laying in the middle of the freeway.
laugh.gif

I have been thinking of doing the same with my 2005 Focus that has the same problem. Did you use the Motorcraft mount?

I changed the motor mount on my 06 Focus and it made a big difference. I bought an OEM Ford part as I heard bad things about aftermarket mounts. Apparently the OEM parts are injected with a mixture of Royal Purple and Amsoil, so they are indestructible and will increase MPG by 10%.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: mtndew_dad
I changed the motor mount on my 06 Focus and it made a big difference. I bought an OEM Ford part as I heard bad things about aftermarket mounts. Apparently the OEM parts are injected with a mixture of Royal Purple and Amsoil, so they are indestructible and will increase MPG by 10%.
crazy2.gif

We can't forget Red Line!

Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? My daughter drives a 2007 Focus with 90K on it and I was thinking about having this done.

Originally Posted By: RW1
Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? My daughter drives a 2007 Focus with 90K on it and I was thinking about having this done.

It's an easy DIY project. You can probably find a video on YouTube. I bought the mount from a Ford dealer that sells OEM parts at a discount online. Off the top of my head I can't recall the name, but I found them on a Focus forum.

I have an 07 Focus and also have a bit of a vibration at idle that causes some "buzzing" sounds in the interior plastics.

I was also thinking of doing this repair. Do you have the part number of the replacement? I don't think it could hurt getting this done

FWIW this would not be a Motorcraft part, it is only a blue label part. However I did take this week off of work, so I could go in Monday and everything can be different.

There are a few different mounts depending on the model year, engine, and manual v automatic gearbox the vehicle is equipped with. When you call the dealer, have your VIN ready as they will ask for that over trusting what you tell them, nothing personal just business. Just tell the parts guy it is the motor mount on the fender and they will know what you mean. If it is a Duratech based engine, it will most likely be a 5S4Z-6038-CB. The other numbers escape me at the moment, but they will either have them in stock, or can get them overnight.

Originally Posted By: RW1

I changed it myself as it's an easy thing to do. You will need to support the front of the engine with a hyd jack.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I have an 07 Focus and also have a bit of a vibration at idle that causes some "buzzing" sounds in the interior plastics.

I was also thinking of doing this repair. Do you have the part number of the replacement? I don't think it could hurt getting this done

Yep, it's the top MM. I have had the same buzzing sounds myself. After changing the MM today there is no vibration or sounds at all. Very smooth.

Also, I bought mine from Auto Zone as they have a life time warranty. The MC MM didn't seem to last so I went with AZs. Price, $120 but I won't have to buy another one.

Last edited:
By the way, it was bdcardinal that convinced me my MM was bad.

Last edited:
Thanks. I see there is a YouTube video on it as another poster suggested. Might be worth taking a couple of days leave to do it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did find a video on it. Not bad at all! I can probably get access to a floor jack in the post Auto & Craft shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back