2007 Audi A6 transmission fluid

New to me 2007 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro. I’m having trouble figuring out which atf to use in the zf6hp19a with trans code JMM. I think it originally come with zf lifeguard 6 but many online parts places recommend zf8. Other info suggests that transmission software may have been updated during production or by dealers to use zf6+ or zf8. Does anyone have experience or info on what atf to use? I’m also open to using aftermarket fluids. Thank you in advance.

And the Audi manual recommends…..I owned a 2012 A6 3.0T. Don’t play games with German car fluids or do and accept the risk.

I had a 2007 A6 3.2 and it was quite confusing to find the correct one. I think there were two different types used and the Audi Fluid was very expensive. In the end I never changed mine and the car was fine up to 150k miles 4 years ago. It is still running today and probably has 200k. The relay in my steering column went out and it was time for a new car for me. I sold it to my mechanic who fixed and gave to his dad who uses it to make regular runs to PA and says best car he has owned.

I owned a 2002 Audi A6 avant prior to my 2012 A6. Two best cars I have ever owned or driven. That Quattro is sumpin’ else! Just sold my 2012 a year ago. No longer fit my needs.

As I recall, both A6’s came with 3-5 manuals. The primary one discussed all the consumer features but there was a skinny one that discussed maintenance and fluids. But it is/was true that there was no filler port and dip stick for the transmission. find the -age where oil specs are discussed. The trans specifications should be around there

Redline is similar in price to the zf fluids. I would stick to oe fluids if i knew which to get. I might try a fluid change with a universal fluid like maxlife over redline D6 just based on the lower cost of maxlife.

Good idea on the VIN. There are some web sites that specialize in German car parts and the unique oils and fluids they usually require. A quick google search will find them.

Back