2006 Tacoma V6, Mobil 1 0W-40, 11,866 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil was used over the summer and fall in the heat in South and West Texas. Fairly heavy towing most weeks as well. Looks to me like the oil did great. Glad to know my engine is doing well also. Using an OEM oil and air filter.

Crazy good #'s for 12,000 miles. As [censored] said, you can go longer - just keep topping it off.

I also switched my best car over to the M1 Ow40. Hard to argue with all the UAO's with it.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
0W40 is the new 5W30 ?

How many month total time in use?
It is the new 0W-20 for the warmer climates
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
Where is all that excessive iron coming from (mobil 1 joke)

Looks great.

It's not a Jeep 4.0 LOL

189,000 miles?
That engine has been well taken care of for heavy towing...low contaminates.
Moly 78. I see you added 1/2 quart, was that at the end of your change interval?
I have 2 5qt jugs of Pennzoil Platinum that are going back to walmart since their rebate didn't go through. I'll be going back to Mobil 1 in our vehicles but probably 0w30 for the winter. Should have never thought about changing brands of oil to begin with.
Good numbers on your report! Off to walmart and the NAPA parts store.

Originally Posted By: mmavet
189,000 miles?
That engine has been well taken care of for heavy towing...low contaminates.
Moly 78. I see you added 1/2 quart, was that at the end of your change interval?
I have 2 5qt jugs of Pennzoil Platinum that are going back to walmart since their rebate didn't go through. I'll be going back to Mobil 1 in our vehicles but probably 0w30 for the winter. Should have never thought about changing brands of oil to begin with.
Good numbers on your report! Off to walmart and the NAPA parts store.

Did you fill out everything correctly? My rebate for the 2 5 qt jugs came in with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back