2006 Mustang 4.6L, PP 5W30, 5K Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
scan.jpg

Most recent report is on the right. This car has 60K miles on it total. It's nice to see wear metals going down. I am undecided what to run next oil change, I have a bunch of PP 5W30, AND 5W20. I might just mix it up and do 3 qts of each, and see what happens then!! Woo!!! Gettin' crazy in here!!!
crazy2.gif

Switching around the brands of oil makes it hard to trend the oil anaylsis . But the numbers seem to be going the right direction. The motor is finally broke in.

With aluminium that low, and zero lead, I think you are doing great. I run PP mixed 5-20 and 5-30 for over 10,000 highway miles on my 4.6 with stellar results....don't be afraid to do it if you want.

Tell us about the extended OCI's out of the gate - what was that all about? Oil seemed to hold up OK. But the break-in metals weren't doing you any favors - but then again copper is higher now.....

The extended intervals in the beginning were because of Amsoil's marketing, and my lack of understanding of wear and UOA's and such. I doubt it did any harm, but I think I probably should have waited for another few oil changes before going to longer drain intervals.

I guess I was just a sucker for all those claims of 35K miles on an oil change, and figured that less than half that amount would be safe.

Originally Posted By: theedge67
I'm pretty sure there is no lead in this engine, that would explain the zero's in the lead category.

How about a Lead Foot?

Obviously, I didn't know about abscence of lead in this engine...if that is a true statement. Usually I make a statement about how I don't know what I'm talking about when commenting on UOA's...apparently, I should've made that statement to go along with this comment!

Lead foot...check!!

Not a problem, I think the older 4.6's had lead in the bearings but I'm pretty sure the new 24 valve versions in the mustangs and explorers do not have any lead in the bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back