2006 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L | Motorcraft Blend 5W-20 | 2,030 miles

All right, after my UOA last week on the Grand Marquis, I'm back with one on the Town Car. I took this sample early because of two reasons. One: This car has been short tripped all of its life. Only recently has it started to be driven much more consistently than before. Wear metals are slightly higher on a PPM per mile basis than usual, for only ~2k miles, but I'm leaning towards corrosion buildup. This car also sat for about 2.5 years after the elderly lady who owned it passed away.

The second reason I changed it early is because the old air filter I pulled out was warped on one side and I was worried it may have not sealed properly inside the air filter box. Based on this report, I don't know how much dirt it was sucking in. Hopefully it wasn't? I'm not sure. So far though, this car does not seem to burn a single drop, but again, super short run, so that's not surprising. What it looks like this car needs is to just be driven and hopefully the wear will decrease over time. Overall, not bad, I suppose.

Attachments

• Town Car UOA.jpg
    Town Car UOA.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 133
Silicon is pretty good, so I don't think you have much to worry about with the air filter. I think everything looks great, and will only get better as you drive it more.

I'm assuming you dumped the oil when you got it and put the Motorcraft in yourself? Or was this the oil that was in the car when you got it?

Silicon is pretty good, so I don't think you have much to worry about with the air filter. I think everything looks great, and will only get better as you drive it more.

I'm assuming you dumped the oil when you got it and put the Motorcraft in yourself? Or was this the oil that was in the car when you got it?
This is the second oil change. I immediately dumped the oil after buying the car. I picked the car up in Little Rock, AR and drove it 402 miles back home. The dealer I purchased the car from stated they had just changed the oil and by looking at it on the stick, I believed them. Super clear oil. But, I always like to be double sure it's been done. The car is now running Kendall GT-1 (just renamed Motorcraft) and I will sample again in 3k.

Last edited:
It doesn't look bad. I would run it for a longer duration but this was probably your first change & wanted to see what it was doing first before extending? It could average out lower wear over a longer run duration... Give it a try. Thanks!

It doesn't look bad. I would run it for a longer duration but this was probably your first change & wanted to see what it was doing first before extending? It could average out lower wear over a longer run duration... Give it a try. Thanks!
Thanks. This was the second change after dumping the oil the dealer had put in. That stuff looked like it had just been put in and I didn't catch a sample that time. But, I will slowly extend the intervals out a tad more. I just wanted to make sure everything is looking good, before I do so, plus my OCD was about to kill me when I found the warped air filter lol, so I had to take care of that.

Thanks. This was the second change after dumping the oil the dealer had put in. That stuff looked like it had just been put in and I didn't catch a sample that time. But, I will slowly extend the intervals out a tad more. I just wanted to make sure everything is looking good, before I do so, plus my OCD was about to kill me when I found the warped air filter lol, so I had to take care of that.

Blackstone usually references a conservative 2,000 mile extension so doubling your interval here would be a great start but that is your call. These were the climax of the boat cars of a bygone era. They are a great value but you already see that.

43k on a 2006 WOW!!

Blackstone usually references a conservative 2,000 mile extension so doubling your interval here would be a great start but that is your call. These were the climax of the boat cars of a bygone era. They are a great value but you already see that.

43k on a 2006 WOW!!
Thanks! Yes, they are great cars. On the test drive, it had like 40,890 miles at the time I purchased it. That was the reason I went so far to get it is because all of the others are usually a minimum 150k miles. Hopefully, this one will start wearing like my ‘07 MGM does.

Back