2006 Honda Civic 1.8L 175k miles 5 speed manual

I just saw a nice deal I couldn’t pass up . I saw a very nice condition 2006 Honda Civic EX 1.8l 5 speed manual with 175k miles but it’s run like a champ . I brought her home and thinking start doing maint on it .

5w30 Quaker state HM or maxlife which ever available first with fram 7317 oil filter

Honda manual transmission fluid drain and fill

Fram ultra air filter . Fram cabin air filter

Ngk spark plug

Any suggestion ?

I'd change all (4) spark plugs, not just one. Everything else is fine to do. Who could object ?

Add serpentine belt and coolant (at least drain the radiator and top off).

Check the condition of the coolant. I just did the rear wheel bearings on my 2011, the price from Honda gave me a mini heart attack, but they are made in the USA so better than the china stuff. The good news is that it was very simple,12mm socket, 14mm socket, 17mm open end wrench, breaker bar, ratchet, that's pretty much it. Good news if you end up needing them, they are about as straightforward as you can get.

Check the condition of the coolant. I just did the rear wheel bearings on my 2011, the price from Honda gave me a mini heart attack, but they are made in the USA so better than the china stuff. The good news is that it was very simple,12mm socket, 14mm socket, 17mm open end wrench, breaker bar, ratchet, that's pretty much it. Good news if you end up needing them, they are about as straightforward as you can get.
What make you doing the bearing . It’s make noise ?

We used Pennzoil Synchromesh in a 2007 civic manual gearbox and the shifting was improved after the change.

We used Pennzoil Synchromesh in a 2007 civic manual gearbox and the shifting was improved after the change.
I remember something about Honda putting out a tech bulletin advising or "giving the recommendation" for using AC Delco (or GM - don't know how it's branded) synchromesh manual transmission fluid. This went to dealers but I don't recall the "why" aspect, as if it were for regular replacement, if there were shifting issues, etc. I can't recall if they said mix regular fluid with a quart of this stuff or to use the full amount.

When I bought something really fun to toss into a corner compared to my current dreary driver, I always carefully assessed the major components for noise and leakage. Then the tires, shocks and fluids. Lastly, I would check to make sure the nut behind the wheel was secure making it safe to drive.

honda.jpg

Do like I always do when I bring a car home, change all of the fluids.
This ☝ I just assume the previous owner was a slacker when it came to maintenence, and it seems to be that I am always right (except the Camry, he seemed to be on top of most of the PM stuff).

it was not my intention to scare off anyone, but the block crack needs to be taken into consideration; at that milage 175K one would think that the problem somehow was fixed, certainly I hope so

I have a 2010 civic, same generation with 250k on it. GREAT car. Did many transmission fluid changes myself on it. Every 30k miles. Engine oil every 7k, coolant, etc. done on time. One of the best cars I have had. Going to ride it to 300k and think about the next car purchase. My friend has a 2006 and he has about 370k on it. That generation civic is a very reliable car.

Yea engine crack block been fix age ago to 99% of Honda Civic out there

I pick her up with a bad viberate engine . Properly engine mount and a check engine light . I just done change the oil with fram oil filter . Change the maf sensor . The air filter look pretty new . So imma leave at that .

B49EF4DB-8D36-4366-8A57-9654A2CD8D96.jpeg

Was doing first oil change on the 06 civic . Suprise the last owner using fram ultra 😀 . (y)(y) . Well I replace with the lower version lol. First oil change alway nervous . But everything went pretty smooth .

Back