Honda Civic 5 speed auto drain and fill question

I have a 2006-2010 generation Civic with a 5 speed auto. Unknown service history. Has around 92000 miles. Doesn’t slip any, but i have 3 quarts of the Honda fluid to drain and fill. It shifts ok. Any reason this is a bad idea to do a drain and fill? I think the interval is 90000 also.

Not at all. My past Honda I would do a 3 quart drain and fill about every 30000 miles or so and change the cartridge filter every 60000 miles...All went well over 200000 miles with the last Accord 386000 and never had a tranny issue at all...You may want to do one more drain and fill since it has 92000 miles on it and change the cartridge filter too...That is a very easy job also..

should be ok to do...i have a 99 accord and have been doing the same as you around 25-30 k since new and never a trans problem

Cool. I didn’t know about a cartridge filter. I just wanted to make sure on 90000 miles without the knowledge it ever been done before on the vehicle

Cool. I didn’t know about a cartridge filter. I just wanted to make sure on 90000 miles without the knowledge it ever been done before on the vehicle
It is located on the top of the tranny.. You will see it. A canister looking filter with a rubber hose on either side of it....very easy to change...

At 90k miles I wouldn't bother replacing the transmission filter. I would do a couple drain and fills. 2 or 3. Each drain/fill requires 2.5 quarts.

At 90k miles I wouldn't bother replacing the transmission filter. I would do a couple drain and fills. 2 or 3. Each drain/fill requires 2.5 quarts.
Yeah, filter is rated at 100,000 miles. drain and fill or flush, whichever you choose.

IMO you are at 92000 already .. Since you are putting in clean fluid...why not change the filter also while your at it...because you will loose some fluid when you change the filter...Thats just me I would do it all..but if you want to wait another 8000 miles and do the filter then thats OK too...

Back