2006 Dodge oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTH

I have a co worker that just purchased a 2006 dodge with the cummins motor and he was asking about what oil dodge puts in from the factory, I thought it was valvoline but wasn't positive anybody know for sure.

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 with Cummins Diesel. I was told it comes filled with Valvoline Premium Blue 15W40. I love my diesel.

Joe

I've read that the oil Dodge sells is re-branded Valvoline Premium Blue. I've gotten great uoa w/ ValvPremBluExtreme 5w40 synthetic.

Not sure what Dodge uses, Cummins uses valvoline. Cummins has been using Valvo for a number of years and most Cummins dealers use Valvo as well. You'll find either Prem Blue (which if 15w40) or the Prem Blue Extreme that is 5w40. The engines are usually shipped dry from Cummins and filled at the point of installation. I know that every engine that left the KW factory in Washington had Delo 400 in it for a number of years. I haven't looked lately so I'm not sure if KW is still using Delo or not.

The 6B engine family is very easy on oil. Any decent quality dino diesel oil will work fine. For better cold start performance and stability the PBE 5w40/RTS 5W40/S9000 5W40 are all excellent oils for the money and work great in the B's.

Use any CJ4 15w40 if you want a mineral oil.

If winter is cold or synth is an option, then any 0w or 5w--40wt HDEO diesel oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back