2006 Avalon Cartridge Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
FleetFilter.com does not list the required filter. They cross ref from Wix numbers and the Wix filter is not listed in their price list. I will probably buy a few filters from the dealer to start with and then have a local parts store order Wix filters. One other possibility is the NAPA store not far from me. The only problem with them is that they know everything and might order the wrong filter and not admit that my car requires a cartridge filter.
Thanks anyway.
John

I'm getting ready for the 1st OCI on my new Avalon at 2000 mi. I plan to observe the process and do my own after that. Does Toyota sell the cartridge filters?? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I haven't asked the dealer. Granted, most Avalon owners don't change their own oil, but for me it is more convenient than driving 25 miles to the dealer and is sure to be cheaper.

My plan is to adhere to the 5k OCI while under warranty using dino and then switch to synthetic and stretch out the OCI to 10k or more. Haven't decided on a synthetic yet, but leaning toward M1 since it is commonly available everywhere. My owners manual doesn't make any reference to the owner changing the oil. It does give the oil capacity as 6 1/2 qts (w/filter).The engine is the 2GR-FE This is a big change from my 96 Avalon. Any comments or recommendations on this plan?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back