Champ PH2835XL sloppy glue application

You could remove it of course but in my mind what else is bad with this filter? Me no like.
This! Just removing that glue doesn't solve anything. The likely hood is that glue should have been somewhere else (sealing something or sticking the filter media together). I wouldn't put that anywhere near my car even if I could brake it off.

RockAuto was very easy to deal with. I initiated a refund online, answered a few questions and within two minutes had this:

"Your refund will be issued within 1-3 business days. We will email you when the Refund is issued.
If you still need a part, please place a new order. We do not need you to return your problem part now, but please keep it for two weeks; we may ask you to send it back."

I do have a filter cutter and will dissect the filter in two weeks. I will take some pics and report back then (y)

RockAuto was very easy to deal with. I initiated a refund online, answered a few questions and within two minutes had this:

"Your refund will be issued within 1-3 business days. We will email you when the Refund is issued.
If you still need a part, please place a new order. We do not need you to return your problem part now, but please keep it for two weeks; we may ask you to send it back."

I do have a filter cutter and will dissect the filter in two weeks. I will take some pics and report back then (y)
When you are filling out the form what did you say the part was defective?

When you are filling out the form what did you say the part was defective?
Here are the questions asked and my answers (I only had to type out the first answer. The rest were chosen from a preset list of answers):

Please answer the following questions:
Please describe how the part is broken or defective. One of the filters has a large blob of glue visible on the inside of the center tube
Could the part be repaired by either you or your mechanic? No or I don't know
How would you like us to proceed? A replacement will be shipped using Ground Advantage to the shipping address above. If you would like a different shipping method, or shipping to a different address, please choose "Issue me a refund for this part" and place a new order with your preferred address and shipping method. Issue me a refund for this part.
Would you like a REFUND back to your original form of payment, or STORE CREDIT (good for 5 years)? Refund
When did you discover the problem? The problem was so obvious that I did not try to install the part.
Does the problem appear to have occurred during shipping? No
Did the package arrive sealed with RockAuto tape? Yes
Did you refuse delivery? No

Back