2005 Ford Freestar OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
On June 1st I bought my wife the van with around 62000 miles on it. I immediately changed the oil with Motorcraft 5W20 syn blend and a Motorcraft FL400S filter. I decided to run a 5000 mile OCI. Well, that 5000 miles will be up this weekend. The van hasn't used any oil at all.

Thanks to the PP Walmart rebate I picked up 2 jugs of PP 5W20 even though I already had two more jugs of Motorcraft in the garage. I plan on running the PP & Motorcraft filter for this OCI. My wife drives about 75 miles round trip daily to work...about 70 of the miles are all Interstate.

How long of an OCI would you recommend running the PP/Motorcraft filter combo? I'm thinking 7500. Thoughts/Comments????

7500 is a reasonable interval for that driving style and engine combination. Pennzoil Platinum or Motor Craft oil with a MC filter will serve you very well at this OCI
thumbsup2.gif

Are you saying you would run the MC oil and MC filter for 7500 miles as opposed to 5000???

You could run either the MC or the PP with a MC filter for 7500 miles.

Both are darn good oils IMO for that engine/driving style.

I have an 03 Windstar 73k and run PP 5w20 with MC FL-400S filter for 5k OCI's. The van runs great. I know that I could run longer, but working for a Toyota dealer and seeing all those Camry engines sludged up bad with only 5-7.5k miles on dino was a scarry thing.

So I just choose to run 5k on SYN in my Windstar, and 3-3.5k on dino in my Camry (PYB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back