2004 Crown Vic, Schaeffer S7000 5W20, 3000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subtitle; How to destroy good oil in 3000 miles or less.
51,200Mi on engine. Oil in use about 5 months. 2/3 of this was my normal running around and right smack in the middle of the whole kabob was 1000 miles of all highway. 3 oz of ARx was in this which I have ran out of so I it is no longer being used. I sampled this after a couple days of running to work and back without driving my loop I drive if I wanted to get it hot. I did this both to get a feel for how much fuel Im inducing under these conditions...and I also had just received my jug of RLI and I really just wanted to put it in.

Dyson RAW this time; Cant really correlate to previous BSLabs tests I have had.
Code:

Iron 27

Copper 6

Tin 0

Lead 0

Chromium 0

Nickel 0

Aluminum 3

Titanium 0

Silver 0

Calcium 1581

Magnesium 45

Zinc 799

Phosphorous 550

Barium 0

Molybdenum 350

Antimony 0

Silicon 13

Sodium 18

Boron 8

Potassium 0

Vanadium 0

V40C 38.7

V100C 7.2

TAN 3.95

Flash 330F

Oxidation 20

Nitration 9

KF Water 405

TBN 1.6

Fuel 1.2%

Soot 0

Glycol 0

VI 152

Sulfate 24

Fuel dilution is tough on the TBN, and looks like you are running with fuel in the oil much of the time. TAN is double the TBN...the oil looks pretty well spent.

Yeah. I try to take it on at least a weekly run which varys from 20-50miles to try to get it hot and keep it there long enough to hopefully burn off everything. But it still has my short trips to work and back to deal with.

Not much you can do that isn't a daily PITA. Such as a block heater, or a radiator cover to warm it up faster. Or replace the engine fan with an electric that you can disable for those short hops. Maybe one of those heater hose style oil/coolant heat exchangers to warm the oil up faster. The highest possible t-stat opening temp is a given. Good 02 sensors so it goes into closed loop fast. Lotta time & money.

Cooling fan is electric. But, its PWM controlled variable. I suspect the computer would have something to say if I disabled it.
I do want to install a oil cooler from a PI, but thats way down on the todo list at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back