2004 civic. Electrical issue - Video inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkvkMDLkX1A

Battery was replaced by previous owners in 2009. Stock alternator with 98K miles on it.

Everything works fine at idle. At higher rpms is when this problem occurs. Does not happen all the time but pretty intermittent.

What do you guys think? Where should I start? The multimeter is not sensitive enough to pick this up

I'm assuming it's not just the dome light flickering, but headlights, others, etc? I'd guess somethings up with the alternator.

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
I'm assuming it's not just the dome light flickering, but headlights, others, etc? I'd guess somethings up with the alternator.

That is correct, in other accessories it is less obvious. Again intermittent issue. I am thinking alternator too.

Is the voltage regulator separate or integrated in these Hondas/

Last edited:
All regulators are integrated. The diode pack is going bad. Instead of having to buy a junk rebuild from some chain, find someone who knows what to do the right way and have it rebuilt locally by a good shop. Make sure they change the front bearing while they are in there. Its probably the same or lower cost and you should get another 100000 miles out of it. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back