2004 Buick Rendezvous Changing Spark Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming up to 100,000 on the good old Rendezvous. Manual says to switch out spark plugs then. It's the 3.4L.

What plugs should I buy?
Where are they located?
Any tips on changing them?

Thanks in advance!

Thats what I would do because you know the manufacturer tested them to last that long and still be functioning properly (EPA Certification).

The only reason I would change brand/model is if their is a service bulletin to replace with different plugs.

Last edited:
AC Delco #: 41-101 (iridium!)

You could use Denso or NGK Iridium equivalents.. but why?
the AC Delco is the OE plug, you are at 100k, might as well put the OE back in for another 100k.

Also.. don't forget to use anti-seize on the threads.

Can't go wrong with using the same OE plug that served you so well. If you, for some reason, decide to try another plug I can tell you for certain that the Autolite XP iridium plugs work fine in that application as well. I had did a tune up on a 3.4 Equinox about 15k miles ago for a friend and the parts store only had 4 AC Delcos so I had buy an alternative set and chose the Autolites. They are doing fine.

Originally Posted By: radtech91

Where are they located?

I'm sure any way I say this I'll sound like an [censored], which is not my intent, so I'll just say it: if you have to ask where the plugs are located, you're not ready to tackle a transverse V6 100K plug job by yourself.

The best tip I can give you is find someone who has, offer them beer to help you, and learn.

Your car has a waste spark ignition, IIRC, and in many cases, those engines were built with Double Platinum AC plugs.

When replacing plugs, always replace the ignition wires. The old wires might pass a resistance test, but they will be fragile, and easily break apart.

Absoultely replace wire the set as well. ACDelco or Delphi (same wire set but cheaper) is usually the best choice. The plugs are down near the exhaust manifolds, just follow the path of the wires. Godspeed on replacing those rear 3 plugs.

Originally Posted By: stevejones
Originally Posted By: radtech91

Where are they located?

I'm sure any way I say this I'll sound like an [censored], which is not my intent, so I'll just say it: if you have to ask where the plugs are located, you're not ready to tackle a transverse V6 100K plug job by yourself.

The best tip I can give you is find someone who has, offer them beer to help you, and learn.

My uncle is going to do it not me. lol I'm just learning, he knows what he is doing

Originally Posted By: moklock
Absoultely replace wire the set as well. ACDelco or Delphi (same wire set but cheaper) is usually the best choice. The plugs are down near the exhaust manifolds, just follow the path of the wires. Godspeed on replacing those rear 3 plugs.

That's mainly where I was asking about was the rear ones. I heard it is terribly difficult to change.

Looks like I'll stick with the OEMS, you guys are right they have lasted this long, just stick with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back