2002 Silverado 5.3L, LT, 2wd Radiator recommendation

Aluminum core with PA66 Nylon end tanks in this case. Nothing like your example. I have pulled plenty of these apart to recycle the core, and while the Nylon looked good on the outside, it was degrading on the inside at this same age. I replace the ones on used cars I buy for my use at 10-12 years of age.

But on the contrary, the original Behr W123 300D Turbo radiator is an aluminum core with plastic end tanks and an integrated ATF cooler. It even features a pressurized coolant reservoir that has the radiator cap just like the GMT800 trucks. The one difference is that the plastic end tanks are on the top and bottom of the radiator rather than on the sides.

OE Behr W123 300D Turbo radiator:
4331-M67T-2.jpg

GM Genuine GMT800 Silverado/Sierra 5.3L radiator:
21499_Primary__ra_p.jpg

But on the contrary, the original Behr W123 300D Turbo radiator is an aluminum core with plastic end tanks and an integrated ATF cooler. It even features a pressurized coolant reservoir that has the radiator cap just like the GMT800 trucks. The one difference is that the plastic end tanks are on the top and bottom of the radiator rather than on the sides.

OE Behr W123 300D Turbo radiator:View attachment 70411

GM Genuine GMT800 Silverado/Sierra 5.3L radiator:
View attachment 70412

I didn't know they had pressurized coolant tanks back then :eek:

Wow the W123 that's old! I didn't know anybody used pressurized coolant reservoirs until GM started using them with Dex-Cool

Back