2002 Silverado 5.3L, LT, 2wd Radiator recommendation

Looking for a good replacement radiator for a 2002 Silverado (5.3L), 2wd, LT

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I'd go with the gm one, that's not a job you want to do twice.

Doing the water pump and thermostat while you are there? Fan clutch?

TRY radiator.com we had good results, at AAP many were bowed or twisted but that's because they arrived on skids

I called the dealer and they gave me part# 52482918 which is discontinued. The parts guy could not give me any other part numbers.

I get part# 15193110 to populate on GM websites and most only ask to verify the stamp code on the radiator. The stamp on my radiator is JDS.

If you want to try the used route there is a near limitless supply of early-mid 00's Silverado's & Sierra's in the junkyards right now.

I'd go with the gm one, that's not a job you want to do twice.

Doing the water pump and thermostat while you are there? Fan clutch?
Replaced all that you mentioned plus the hoses last year. I'm replacing the original radiator after 400k plus miles.

That's not a good plan. Any 20 year old used plastic radiator is very much on borrowed time.

Modern radiators are made of aluminum not plastic, and you could say that many parts on a 20 year old vehicle are "on borrowed time" yet if they are still perfectly functional you don't touch them. My 83 W123 has it's original 39 year old radiator and I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Modern radiators are made of aluminum not plastic, and you could say that many parts on a 20 year old vehicle are "on borrowed time" yet if they are still perfectly functional you don't touch them. My 83 W123 has it's original 39 year old radiator and I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Aluminum core with PA66 Nylon end tanks in this case. Nothing like your example. I have pulled plenty of these apart to recycle the core, and while the Nylon looked good on the outside, it was degrading on the inside at this same age. I replace the ones on used cars I buy for my use at 10-12 years of age.

It’s either a 1st quality Chinese one in a Delco box or parts store label with a decent warranty or a 2nd/3rd quality one for that truck. I had decent luck with spectra premium.

Back