2002 Blazer 4.3, Where's the oil???

It does have a PCV valve on the driver side valve cover. Pull one of the valve covers & see if the engine is Sludged Down....I've seen them so bad that the oil can't properly drain back to the pan & the PCV will suck straight oil.
Checked again today and you are correct. It does have a a PCV valve. Used to seeing them on the passenger side. Will be checking it over again tomorrow.

UPDATE: 4 months/1000 miles ago, I did an oil change, added a bottle of Auto-Rx and replaced the PCV valve. There has been no perceptible oil consumption. Mileage has been short trips, in town. Waiting for daughter to go on a highway trip to see how that affects consumption.

I have a '97 Blazer 4.3. Slightly sludged and burning oil when I got it. Ran Stiction Eliminator in it for two OCIs and it is clean and doesn't burn a drop in 5k miles now. I've put on a good 45k miles. over 167k now.
Stiction Eliminator works on the same principal as the Auto-RX = Esters do the cleaning slowly. The Esters do seem to be the best way to clean out ring packs. Not an add or recommendation, just a related anecdote.

Back