2001 Odyssey oil leak.

Friend of mine wanted me to look at her 2001 Honda Odyssey as to where the oil on the ground was coming from. Here’s what I saw. This part is at the back of the engine between the engine and firewall. What exactly is this part? I’m guessing it’s (obviously) motor oil?
E5E59026-48AF-4F1C-B8CC-A7AA2E33F04B.jpeg

This maybe be a stupid question Trav,but is there supposed to be something connected to the end of it where it’s leaking?

I just watched a YouTube video on how to replace it. What is making hers leak? Does it just need to be replaced with a new one?

There should be a cable that goes to that, it may have been unplugged to disable the VVT (I don't know if that is how its done on these), the diaphragm inside is damaged so it is leaking through the switch housing. Just replace it.

Edit: IIRC it is easier through the pass side front wheel opening, remove the wheel and you should see it.

Figured out this is actually the power steering pressure switch. Went and got a new part at AZ. Here's my question. How in the heck can I gain easy access to be able to get a wrench onto the bolt to get it off?
Honda 1.jpg
Honda 2.jpg

Last edited:
Success!! I turned the wheels all the way to the left and went in through the wheel well. Removed the old one,installed the new one. Went for a good long stop and go city drive and no leaks whatsoever!!

Back