2000 F150 trade in

The problem with 20+ year old vehicles (even ones with really low miles) is that the entire vehicle is aging, and you're going to have a ton of small issues you'll constantly have to deal with.
Exactly. That's why i traded my avalanche in for a new tow vehicle.

Definitely the wiser choice. They run about a grand new here (smallest).

I also saw a place doing an equipment/trailer deal. It was a badboy zero turn, stihl blower, weed wacker, and 5x10 trailer for 7k.
or just rent a uhaul. they are pretty cheap 20-30 bucks

I have a pickup and I prefer moving stuff around with the small utility trailer behind my car
Yup. And this is what I have and the reason I have no need for a truck:

Needs 2 cheap tires every 6 years. Not really any other maintenance. Permanent registration, no insurance.

161E7A8A-3D6F-4B39-9FEE-81C2D93838BD.jpeg

Needs 2 cheap tires every 6 years. Not really any other maintenance. Permanent registration, no insurance.

View attachment 107622

There's a guy at the other end of my road with an 8' SRW superduty bed trailer. I have been meaning to catch him and ask him how much he wants for it. That's a $3500 bed here! My truck needs a new bed!

But it's just easier to load something at trailer frame height than it is pickup height. And it's more convenient if I'm blowing out a room to park the trailer outside of the window. And then leave it until it's dump day. In fact, that's what I did at the old house .Loaded it up with ruined stuff from the old garage and left it for a few days until I had time to get it . Didn't tie up my truck for a week!

If I didn't need to pull around my Jeep on a trailer, I wouldn't have a need for a truck

This is a $120 trailer I bought from facebook marketplace. I threw on tires, lights from a broken HF trailer. Welded on an old bed frame to the frame for the sides. Then some old blemished fence pickets and scrap wood and I now have a trash hauler. Once we're moved out, it will be back to just the metal sides

There's a guy at the other end of my road with an 8' SRW superduty bed trailer. I have been meaning to catch him and ask him how much he wants for it. That's a $3500 bed here! My truck needs a new bed!

But it's just easier to load something at trailer frame height than it is pickup height. And it's more convenient if I'm blowing out a room to park the trailer outside of the window. And then leave it until it's dump day. In fact, that's what I did at the old house .Loaded it up with ruined stuff from the old garage and left it for a few days until I had time to get it . Didn't tie up my truck for a week!

If I didn't need to pull around my Jeep on a trailer, I wouldn't have a need for a truck

This is a $120 trailer I bought from facebook marketplace. I threw on tires, lights from a broken HF trailer. Welded on an old bed frame to the frame for the sides. Then some old blemished fence pickets and scrap wood and I now have a trash hauler. Once we're moved out, it will be back to just the metal sides

Mine is a crappy old homemade trailer that I bolted a 2012 Ram 3500 bed to, so it sits pretty low.

My dad worked at a body shop where a truck got rear ended and it smooshed the back and they replaced the bed, good enough for me that makes a darn good trailer bed! :ROFLMAO: Especially for free.

View attachment 107622
I. Want. This. So. Bad.

bonus points if it is the same year as the tow vehicle.

bonus points over that if it’s the rear ends of two Subaru wagons welded together, like a hoodless capsule on wheels.

but seriously, I have always wanted the bed-trailer thing.

a full-size can be a bit more than needed to drive daily. If I were in your shoes, and didn’t need the full-size truck, a trailer with lower step-in, lift, and ramp height would be more useful. I can simply drive my mower onto a trailer. It is far more involving to get it into the truck bed. Same for picking up furniture, laundry stuff, and any other large item.

Back