200,000 miles on 2008 Suburban 3/4

Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
13,226
Location
1/2 hr N.E. of Detroit
Originally Posted by Lubener
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
It's always an event when reaching 200K on any of my former vehicles. Congrats Snaggle! Like myself, you seemed to stick with name-brand oils (not house brands). Good luck to 250K and get that trans fluid changed again.
Name brand oil has nothing to do with it. What matters is he takes care of it. He would have achieved it with house brand oil along with his dilligence.
Baloney You sound like another oil nerd that won't read verbage and compare what's written on the front & back of five quart jugs - what's written at the major oil brand websites - what's NOT WRITTEN at Warren affiliated websites, or on the back of their five quart jugs. That's great for wishful thinkers and daydream believers. Just please put down your magic wand when entering Walmart's oil bottles aisle next time.
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
13,226
Location
1/2 hr N.E. of Detroit
How do you go about tel
Originally Posted by dave1251
The only baloney I see in this quote is you referring marketing as data.
Lubener and Dave If the jugs and oil producer websites told nothing but lies, then courts or arbitration boards would get the verbage dismissed / erased..... webpages dismissed too. Last time I checked, the verbage on jugs remains the same lately, as does the oil producer websites wordings. They prove Lubener and Dave1251 validity and opinions are worthless. SOPUS tells us their Pennzoil is better than your housebrands. They prove it on jug labels. Where on your housebrand labels does it say the house brand outdoes the other name-brands? Answer: It doesn't. The House brands, thru omittance on the jugs, says clearly they are inferior, by what they don't say on that jug. Yet folks like Dave and Lubener don;t understand comprehensive dialogue on these jugs and choose to believer something that's missing from the jugs. You can't add script to the jugs fellas. Best to ask the house branders why they omit beneficial things on their jugs. Most every time is because what's omitted doesn't exist in that bottle of their oil. I've said this countless times here. Yet some don't understand or comprehend it. I will stop saying it immediately, for I cannot teach those that constantly fail to comprehend.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
1,036
Location
CA
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
How do you go about tel
Originally Posted by dave1251
The only baloney I see in this quote is you referring marketing as data.
Lubener and Dave If the jugs and oil producer websites told nothing but lies, then courts or arbitration boards would get the verbage dismissed / erased..... webpages dismissed too. Last time I checked, the verbage on jugs remains the same lately, as does the oil producer websites wordings. They prove Lubener and Dave1251 validity and opinions are worthless. SOPUS tells us their Pennzoil is better than your housebrands. They prove it on jug labels. Where on your housebrand labels does it say the house brand outdoes the other name-brands? Answer: It doesn't. The House brands, thru omittance on the jugs, says clearly they are inferior, by what they don't say on that jug. Yet folks like Dave and Lubener don;t understand comprehensive dialogue on these jugs and choose to believer something that's missing from the jugs. You can't add script to the jugs fellas. Best to ask the house branders why they omit beneficial things on their jugs. Most every time is because what's omitted doesn't exist in that bottle of their oil. I've said this countless times here. Yet some don't understand or comprehend it. I will stop saying it immediately, for I cannot teach those that constantly fail to comprehend.
LOL - still trolling with this? Broken record.
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
13,194
Location
Maricopa Arizona
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
How do you go about tel
Originally Posted by dave1251
The only baloney I see in this quote is you referring marketing as data.
Lubener and Dave If the jugs and oil producer websites told nothing but lies, then courts or arbitration boards would get the verbage dismissed / erased..... webpages dismissed too. Last time I checked, the verbage on jugs remains the same lately, as does the oil producer websites wordings. They prove Lubener and Dave1251 validity and opinions are worthless. SOPUS tells us their Pennzoil is better than your housebrands. They prove it on jug labels. Where on your housebrand labels does it say the house brand outdoes the other name-brands? Answer: It doesn't. The House brands, thru omittance on the jugs, says clearly they are inferior, by what they don't say on that jug. Yet folks like Dave and Lubener don;t understand comprehensive dialogue on these jugs and choose to believer something that's missing from the jugs. You can't add script to the jugs fellas. Best to ask the house branders why they omit beneficial things on their jugs. Most every time is because what's omitted doesn't exist in that bottle of their oil. I've said this countless times here. Yet some don't understand or comprehend it. I will stop saying it immediately, for I cannot teach those that constantly fail to comprehend.
And I have shown the marketing is unsubstantiated how is it possible you can not understand such legal verbage as "up to" this means the product can actually preform worse and it's not a lie because at best it's "up to". 'Low viscosity, advanced full synthetic formula Helps increase engine efficiency and improve fuel economy. Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability Helps reduce oil aging - for long lasting protection Outstanding low-temperature capabilities Supports quick cold-weather starting and fast protection - helps extend engine life" Well this is something generic. It's Mobil One. Notice no claims of superiority. Since there is no specific performance gains it must be a terrible oil by your standards. Precisely balanced additive component system "Mobil 1â„¢ 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy Provides excellent overall lubrication and wear protection performance for many driving styles and conditions, from mild to severe, where a 5W-20 or 0W-20 is recommended" Generic still. "Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil with with PurePlus Technology keeps pistons up to 50% cleaner than required by the toughest industry standard and keeps your engine cleaner than any leading synthetic oil." There is that pesky "up to" again at least this one says it's the best. So Pennzoil Platinum puts everything on the line and states it is the best saying it keeps engines cleaner than everything else on the market. "Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oilâ„¢ is formulated to provide enhanced engine protection against heat, deposits and wear. Additional product benefits include: Innovative anti-wear additives provide 50% more wear protection than industry standards as tested in the industry Sequence IVA wear test Full synthetic formula for exceptional high and low temperature protection Extra detergents help fight sludge and deposits Superior antioxidants resist motor oil breakdown in extreme conditions" No superiority claims over any brand another unsubstantiated claim by 777. So far the only name brand which has made any claims of superiority is Pennzoil Platinum. Pennzoil just makes the claim it's better than everything(at least all synthetic motor oils) at cleaning not just "house brands". I've also posted the marketing from Phillips 66 and Quaker State in response to your bogus claims of superiority each product to "house brands" it funny because you must live in a fairy tail because there is no mention of superiority like you claimed. So one product makes a single superiority claim and it's not against house brands it's against all competition on the market. So please post your fairy tale dribble of superiority so you can continue to show the world you do not understand the simpliy of the English language and how you have fallen for marketing.
 
Joined
Apr 29, 2016
Messages
70
Location
GA
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I will stop saying it immediately...
Please, for the love of God and all that's Holy, do what you say.
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
17,998
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
How do you go about tel
Originally Posted by dave1251
The only baloney I see in this quote is you referring marketing as data.
Lubener and Dave If the jugs and oil producer websites told nothing but lies, then courts or arbitration boards would get the verbage dismissed / erased..... webpages dismissed too. Last time I checked, the verbage on jugs remains the same lately, as does the oil producer websites wordings. They prove Lubener and Dave1251 validity and opinions are worthless. SOPUS tells us their Pennzoil is better than your housebrands. They prove it on jug labels. Where on your housebrand labels does it say the house brand outdoes the other name-brands? Answer: It doesn't. The House brands, thru omittance on the jugs, says clearly they are inferior, by what they don't say on that jug. Yet folks like Dave and Lubener don;t understand comprehensive dialogue on these jugs and choose to believer something that's missing from the jugs. You can't add script to the jugs fellas. Best to ask the house branders why they omit beneficial things on their jugs. Most every time is because what's omitted doesn't exist in that bottle of their oil. I've said this countless times here. Yet some don't understand or comprehend it. I will stop saying it immediately, for I cannot teach those that constantly fail to comprehend.
Keep on troll, troll, TROLLING 777
 

4WD

Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
18,239
Location
Texas
Nice … everything you did has contributed to a great run. The two viscosity changes you mentioned should do well.
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
451
Location
Arkansas
Great post! It's a shame that it has turned into a house brand vs name brand argument. Anyway, go get you another 100,000 miles outta that Chevy! Great job!
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
17,998
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by HemiBenny
Great post! It's a shame that it has turned into a house brand vs name brand argument. Anyway, go get you another 100,000 miles outta that Chevy! Great job!
Yup, this is what happens when uneducated and BIASED people start smash/bashing house brand oils. In short: use a SN+ or SN rated oil that's called for in owners manual
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2017
Messages
959
Location
Palmer, Alaska, USA
Originally Posted by Patrick0525
Congrats there are about 10% that make it to 200K and even less at 300K.
Quite right. The poster's nice but aging Suburban is lasting BECAUSE he's actually maintained it -- accomplishing regular OCI's for various fluids. I've done the same with my GM vehicles sitting OUTSIDE in cold Alaska (never garaged). They've lasted 200K to 300K miles without trouble. Bar bloviation, it's actual maintenance that gets them there. smile Though, the jury is still out concerning my recent purchase of Kirkland-branded full-syn 5W-30. I need to see how it performs! wink
 

wtd

Joined
Jun 25, 2002
Messages
2,847
Location
southwest Mo.
Congrats. You should be able to get many more out of it. I've only taken one vehicle past 200,000 and that is my current 92 Cavalier daily driver. I think it's at 238,000 using 5W-30 of many different brands over the past 13 years I've owned it. Bought it wrecked with 76,000 miles on it. I change the transmission fluid and filter about every 30,000 miles or less. It still shifts okay but is a little sluggish.
 
Top